Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got enough off that magic white stuff to go sleding yet, and how much do you consider enough.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
We dont have any snow here yet, at this point a couple inches would be a lot to me [;)], but on a normal year out here on the plains a foot or so is nice...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I live in Mass in Berkshire County which borders Vt and Ny. Up in the hilltown the is about 16 inches there. We been riding for the last two weeks and put on around 120 to 130 miles so far. But at the end of the week they are saying rain. We have a good base rigt now and if we get 8 to 10 inches it will be great riding. We ride when there 6 to 8inches of snow.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Hmmm

I took this yesterday:

That was on a lake tho, about 2 inches of snow on the ice. That's lots. Need more on dirt though.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
It's been snowing in town here the last couple days, got about 5 feet of base in the mountains around here. Not enough to ride out the garage(need 4"), but the mountains got enough for some great riding! With more snow in the forcast for the next 10 days.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Looks like moods are improving. I'd say we're about due for some snow here in Michigan. One thing that's better than last year is it has been cold enough to freeze the lakes up good. Now let it snow!!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Heres one for you, the last few times a went riding I didn't bring the camera. I'll make sure I bring it this week, should be going Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Well see though.....
/snofan/../images/users/Alaskangold/Summit.jpg

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Here you go, found these from last year.

Igloo at Cantwell,AK
/snofan/../images/users/Alaskangold/Image020.jpg

My sled at Cantwell,AK
/snofan/../images/users/Alaskangold/Image027.jpg

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Nice pics AG.
What kind if building is that dome thingy?
Looks cool.
/snofan/../images/users/500fasEnuf/Image020.jpg

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
It's supposed to be an Igloo, I guess at one point it used to be a resturant/motel. Now there is just a gas station(on the left) that I think is only open in the summmer. It's about half way between Anchorage and Fairbanks, we just use the parking lot there to unload. It's right off the highway, you can ride back into the mountains for about five miles off the highway there in either direction! A boondockers paridise!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
[?]When did you take those pics of the igloo, is there that much snow up there or are those last years....

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
well there is absolutley NO SNOW on the ground infact its 51 degrees and raining right now. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i give up im selling the sleds and buying a quad atleast i know ill be able to use it

·
Registered
32 Posts
so there is no snow....

SUSITNA VALLEY
INCLUDING TALKEETNA - WILLOW - PARKS HIGHWAY HOUSTON TO
DENALI PARK ENTRANCE
645 AM AST WED DEC 18 2002
.TODAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS 10 TO 25. NORTH WIND 10 MPH
DIMINISHING.
.TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 5 BELOW TO 15 ABOVE. LIGHT WIND.
.THURSDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS 11 TO 21. LIGHT WIND.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS ZERO TO 10.
.FRIDAY...CHANCE OF SNOW. LOWS 5 TO 20. HIGHS 15
TO 25.
.SATURDAY...CHANCE OF SNOW. LOWS 5 TO 20. HIGHS 12 TO 25.
.SUNDAY...CLOUDY. LOWS 5 TO 15. HIGHS 12 TO 25.
.MONDAY...CHANCE OF SNOW. LOWS 5 TO 15. HIGHS 12 TO 25.
.TUESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 5 TO 10. HIGHS 10 TO 23.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
No the Igloo pics are from last year, May to be exact. The first picture is of summit this year, I think last weekend or weekend before. There is plents of snow there!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts