Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does any body know how the thermometer for the coolant works on the 85 600. How does it make the light come on to tell it is hot. I took it out and noticed there is a little circular end at the part that goes in the coolant pipe. Does it compress when the coolant gets hot or what?
Than

·
Registered
777 Posts
therea a bimetallic spring in the sensor,also should have constant power to switch,when the sensor gets to hot the spring bends over to touch the contact in the switch and completes the cicuit to ground to turn on the light

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i added a dual outlet piece on my 83 600 and put a temp gauge in also that resides down by my choke and pull rope so i can visually see how hot my water temp is

i cant take a day without my polaris Let alone a lifetime.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hey Xc, if what your sayin is correct i should be able to ground out the wire that goes into that sensor and make my temp light come on to test the light bulb right? (while the engine is running of course) Without an electric start or a battery its kinda hard to tell if the idiot lights are working. Also how would i go about checking my oil level light bulb. If i had a wiring diagram i would be able to tell, but thought maybe you or someone else might have some ideas. Thanks guys

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Triumph: just pull the oil level sensor out from the top of the oil tank. There is a long black plastic shaft and a float on the end. Just push the float to the end of the shaft and the light should come on with the engine running. If it doesn't, then that defeats the entire purpose of having the low-oil light. That's how it is on my machine, but purhaps yours is different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts