Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in amsnow magizine there was a section were you could ask ski doo questions. someone asked why they dont use the new sdi engine in there mxzx platform. there response was that wieght is so critical that they couldnt do it because the system needed a batterey.

i know that sno cross is a wonderfull marketing tool for the manufactures but, to the public sleds are to fast and dangerous and to polluting. here they have an engine that is suposedly going to lower emissions to meet some epa standards. and they cant use it in there most marketed sled line because it will add wieght. now i havent won to much money or many trophys for trail riding, and if them as a manufacture could take a big step to clean up there sleds and give some proof to the nonsledding public that sleds are clean at a little bit of a weight cost than they need to look at prioritys.
if the engine gets better milage producing the same hp, than using the same amount of fuel should increase hp. so what is 10 pounds. are they afraid that the public buys on just wieght alone? i just dont get it, you have epa and tree huggers trying to close our trails and make us ride briggs and scrap iron powered sleds, and the man. wont use an engine to correct these people because of a little wieght? its not just ski doo but give me a break, all we hear about is how we as sled heads need to talk to our local represntitives and let our voice be heard, what are the manufactures doing to better the image of sledders and there machines, make more sno cross sleds for the trail? give us a few touring four strokes?

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
/snofan/../images/users/SledHead/withstupid.jpg

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats stupid about that. i guess it is clear that it is not that big of a deal to the sled companys to better the image so they will keep making slocross wannabe sleds, instead of making the same sled with a little better fuel economy. whatever i guess.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i think sled head was just agreeing w/ u, w/ the sign pointing up to the post b4 him...right??

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
You got it AC guy.... The stupid things a joke... See mad cow, if i agree with the stupid guy, doesn't that make me stupid... lol ... didn't mean anything by it...

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dont worry i didnt take it to heart. i take everything on here as a joke until it is made clear it is not. but there is no post before him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts