Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys - thank you very much for the info on the Ultra and Ultra SPX. I liked the SPX except for the weight, and I've never felt comfortable in the older style Polaris seats. I think I solved that.

Just found a 2000 Yamaha SXR 700, 144 studs, and 1900 miles - appears to be in really good shape - had the dealer start it - started easy, idles smooth - 30 day warranty - $3700. That's low book value. I'm going to try and head back there in the next few days and inspect it again for possible accident damage but otherwise I think that's the one. And it is around 75 lbs lighter than that SPX.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Wish I had the money for a nice SXR. They are great sleds, tiny bit low on power but still plenty strong. Always have the option of adding those triple pipes and gaining a good 20 - 30 horses.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's been a toss-up. But for $400 more than the SPX i think this is a good buy - 3 yrs newer, 300 miles less, and 75 lbs less. Let's hope the guy still has it. He had an SRX next to it in the low 4's.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Thats a great sled! A buddy of mine has the exact same sled and year, and the thing has been "bullet proof" for him. He added a clutch kit to his, and that solved any of the sluggishness on low end......it flies now.

Very good choice, I'm sure you'll be happy with. My friend has been with his.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The last of all the yamahas Ive seen sink while crossing water was that same sled (year and model ) just a reminder yamahas wont cross water. dont try it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I prefer to keep my sled on snow so I don't think it'll be a problem!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts