Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, on my hunt for a jet-ski trailer, I came across this Bandit trailer with a free jet-ski. Had paperwork for the motor work done to it last year ( new top end ). Its a 1993 Sea-Doo 580. My plan is to part out the jet-ski, and get the trailer out from underneath it for my jet-ski. Apparently dealerships think jet-skis are worth $500 more if you have a trailer.

Paid $150 for the pair.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasnt willing to make a $500 non-refundable deposit over the phone, so here it is now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Arctic-Cat-F6-EFI-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c17124136QQitemZ120646156598QQptZSnowmobiles#ht_761wt_1161

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just went down and checked spark on it and yes, it has spark. I bought this thing figuring it was blown. Pistons have no carbon buildup whatsoever, so it could be true that the top end was just gone through ( figured he was talking out of his ass about getting new pistons and rings ). Turned it over a bunch until fuel came into the line. Plugs stayed dry so I suspected a dirty carb. Sprayed some axe into the airbox and fired right up, then stayed idling for a few seconds, revved it up and it revved perfect, then stayed idling. It shut off right after.

Can someone tell me why someone who clamp an oil line?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
skidoo600racer said:
Nice find. Title is a little misleading though.
Why? I needed a new jet-ski trailer, and I found this?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Through the Ski on ebay for laughs to see what I'd get out of it. 2 hours in I had a bid. Currently at over 10 watchers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-Sea-Doo-SP-580-/220698959297?pt=Personal_Watercraft&hash=item3362aeddc1#ht_500wt_1182

And the trailer from the ski is going under my other ski thats being traded tomorrow. They'll give me $1400 trade in value for the ski with no trailer, or $2200 with.

·
Registered
591 Posts
good move selling it whole, the parts are so plentiful for the early seadoos so it is worth diddly squat parted out. I had an sp 580, it was the most reliable jet ski I have ever owned.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Made $50 back just by selling the ski as well! Paid for my new bars and what not for my sled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts