Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hahaha, i know this is a good deal, but i have a couple questions on the sled.
first of all, i picked it up today for 900 bucks b/c the sled hit some ice hump thing on winnebago lake at 80mph.
the damage to the sled:
-a-arms on the clutch side are shot
-front rear suspension shock actually snapped off
-hood mount is broken
-guage lights dont work (just the red and blue)

motor runs perfect. 120/120 comp
good track, skis, seat

thats it, here the sled in the pics, and heres a link of a vid of the sled that i took today.
i was also wondering if these sleds came stock w/ team secondarys, cuz mine has one
http://www.youtube.com/user/buddyhasafamily 2010629222750341_29127.jpg
2010629222814951_29127.jpg

·
Registered
480 Posts
Fusion 600's are great sleds. I love mine and am 100% satisfied with it.

If that deal was around my area, I would snatched it up in a heart beat.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no cracks or anything. so far ive fixed everything but the a arms and the rear suspension. once i get it all fixed up, i will have a fuision for less than 1500 bucks

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
TEAM secondary clutches are stock on the fusions.

get your all your fusion parts from Emerson in the Duluth, MN area. GREAT guy to deal with. Has the cheapest parts for late model sleds. shipping was a little slow, but it was worth the wait.
http://www.usedsnowmobileparts.net/

I had an '06 700 fusion (755cc CFI motor versus your 600 carb, so it is kind of a different animal...) but was not impressed with the power of it at all. I'm not a fan of the looks of the fusion, but some people are, so it's personal preference.

I had bought mine for $2000, (thing was a mess: front right suspension/ski was smashed, both fenders broken, both side panel doors missing) and put $800 bucks into and then sold it for $3800. So I know you will definitely come out on top.

I wish I used Emerson's for all my parts, unfortunately I didn't find him until after I had bought some from Sunnyside sales & Service in Chippewa Falls, WI. Prices here were more expensive. Just use sunnyside if you can't find the parts at emerson's.

http://www.snowmobilesalvageparts.com/

Not sure if you plan to sell or ride your fusion, but prices have dropped on them in the last two years because you can get the IQ chassis for $4500-5000 these days, so a fusion isn't worth much more than 4 g's

·
Registered
38 Posts
wow 1500 for fusion thats a steal and they did come stock with team secondary clutch

·
Registered
232 Posts
100% great deal i cant believe that the guy sold it to u for only 900 and it cost u 1500 that is one heck of a deal.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i got everything fixed guys. everything and i only spent $200 bucks b/c i know this awesome parts guy. so my total investment in the sled is $1100 bucks. man does this thing have some power for a 600!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Now that is a hell of a deal! Sharp eyes, and good luck with your pretty sled!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Bigz said:
i got everything fixed guys. everything and i only spent $200 bucks b/c i know this awesome parts guy. so my total investment in the sled is $1100 bucks. man does this thing have some power for a 600![/color=red]

120hp of pure awesomeness. [thumb]

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
nhrider said:
Bigz said:
i got everything fixed guys. everything and i only spent $200 bucks b/c i know this awesome parts guy. so my total investment in the sled is $1100 bucks. man does this thing have some power for a 600![/color=red]

120hp of pure awesomeness. [thumb]

my 600 has more [kat] hahahah jk guys

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so guys, i found out what the diff is between the 05 and 06 as far as spindles and such. turns out that obviously, they changed the actuall spindle, but what i found out, is they also changed the dimensions of the upper a-arm. i know this b/c i got my new a-arms from a 05 fusion 900. the bottom a-arms are the same but the top a-arms are actually different. the 05 upper a-arm pushes my 06 spindle back towards the track, but the 06 upper a-arm pushes the spindle foward. you wont know that there differnt until you put them ontop of each other. i should of taken a photo, but once im started in a project, i dont stop and take a break.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I don't take pictures either, lol. Find '06 a-arms and sell the wrong ones. Also buy some '08 or newer spindles or Holz for much easier turning and tighter turning. You'll enjoy that thing, Pro-X sleds are fun, but the Fusion/IQ's are more fun.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i took my old upper a-arm and beat the sh*t out of it until it was straight again. now the sleds looks perfect again, i just have to fool around with the toe in toe out.

·
Registered
863 Posts
holy $1200 and you have a beauty sled!
i'm always on the local classifieds and i never find anything like that !
i once found a 2006 iq 600 rr with a wrecked front end for $5000 in the summer!

·
Registered
357 Posts
mxz440kid said:
holy $1200 and you have a beauty sled!
i'm always on the local classifieds and i never find anything like that !
i once found a 2006 iq 600 rr with a wrecked front end for $5000 in the summer!
do you mean an 08? was it at plazak? If so that things a waste of money and hes outta his mind asking that plus tax. You can get a runnin 09 600 iqr for less than what he wants for that beat unit.

I found my 07 440 iqr (2 years ago)for 4g and it had 7hrs of use and wasnt raced, absolute steal of a deal guy had no idea what he had or what it was worth!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts