Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[blue][/blue][/size=4][/font=Comic Sans MS] I am interesting souping up my 02 MXZx 800 . I think its great sled. but would like to have better top end overall. spending range is between $500 bucks to $1,000 . what should I do? get dyno port big volume pipes? MBRP silencer? goodwin clutch? any kind of infomation thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
So an 800 isn't fast enough...
Well, a good way for more top speed is twin pipes and some good clutch work, and to aid in the high rpm air flow drop in some V-force 3 reeds and that MXZx will scream. If that is still a bit slow, then re-gear: drop your bottom sprocket 1-2 teeth and experiment a little. IMO.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I think that MM is on the right track.
That 800 has lots of jam, so if more top end is your goal, then sacrifce a little in the hole and gear down a tooth or 2, but you can make up for some of that loss of bottom end with a set of V-Force 3 reeds.
Clutching will not help top end, once your belt is at its limit on the clutches that is it.
Lower windsheild will help your drag coefficient screaming down the lake.
I see a T-cat in your future young speed padawan.
Please ride safe........."Live to ride, ride to live"
Kev

When hell freezes over, we'll ride there too.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/size=4][blue][/blue][/font=Comic Sans MS] okay thank you for posts. and my windshield thing is low enough lol its really low cuz its X package. didnt know v force reeds 3 is out. I do know they have 1 and 2 versions. I checked dynoport web site to see if they have twin pipes.. I couldnt find it. I may even settle for a big volume single pipe with MBRP canister along with new reeds and clutch kit.

·
Registered
322 Posts
If you like loud sleds, the MSRP racing exhaust is perfect. We have it on all three of our MXZ's, and lemme tell you, they sound SOO sweet. Loud, but if that's what yer looking for, get them...the sound is great. Makes em scream.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
um... they just metioned that a cluch kit wouldn't do much...

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Well.........do what you want buddy.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
clutching can make a huge difference on top end. your stock clutchs probably arnt shifting out all the way. i would be carfull going to twin pipes. on the polaris 800 from day to day running they can be slower than stock. it might make the engine to sensitive. its no fun every morning having to adjust clutchs or jetting just to make the sled run good. you have a sled with a 130 hp if you get the needle past the 105 mark you are doing great. the twins are clutch and geared for the short run and corner to corner. not top end. they are extremely peaky hp but broad torque. hp makes top end speed but there are huge gains in a good clutch kit and or single pipe. a good clutch kit can make up for a 10 hp dissadvantage.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
If the clutches are not maxing out, then they are not set properly.

·
Registered
322 Posts
OH, forgot...meant MBRP anyways...they make a quieter silencer if you don't want it loud.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

1 - 10 of 10 Posts