Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of our local dealership's is always workin with my uncle on toys. I called them the other day and asked if they could cut me a deal for the off season, they told me to come on down, so i did. I got there and they had a couple nice mountain sleds, but than they showed me 2 sleds they just traded in saturday, 2 identical 2004 Ski doo Mxz 600 renegades, i started askin some questions, one is just an HO the other is an HO with DPM, so of course i started lookin at the DPM, it has less than a 1000 miles, electric start, and reveres. I asked well how much will you give it to me for? He said take your pick of the 2 for 3000. Now I thought that was a pretty good deal, what do you guys think? View attachment 201076204927574_24492.bmp

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
sounds like a decent deal, especially from a dealer. Be different if it was a private sale, but being from a dealer, thats not too bad at all.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
A little high considering it is in the summer, but for a dealer not bad. I would see about 2800, and is it 3k out the door?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Seems like a good deal. Low milage, good chassis, good motor, not very old, and its from a dealer. I say go for it!

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Its below book anyways
http://www.kbb.com/snowmobile/retail/2004/ski_doo/mx-z-600-renegade/78224

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'd take it. Here in Newfoundland that'd be a steal. I know it's different in the states, but still.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
looks like a good deal see if you can get it for $2500-2700 cash.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i believe im gonna do it, if it were anywhere else or somebody just trying to sell it I would maybe try to deal less but this guy already is kinda droppin the price for me so i thinkn ill take it. by the way does anyone know how good 10 inch risers will look on these sleds?

·
Registered
863 Posts
jeremybeaner said:
yea i believe im gonna do it, if it were anywhere else or somebody just trying to sell it I would maybe try to deal less but this guy already is kinda droppin the price for me so i thinkn ill take it. by the way does anyone know how good 10 inch risers will look on these sleds?
risers shouldnt be for looks. usually people add them for comfort ! [thumb]

·
Registered
564 Posts
go for it, I would snatch that up in a heart beat around here, The dealers is Wi usually want STUPID AMOUNTS, so around here I would say H3ll YEAH

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mxz440kid said:
jeremybeaner said:
risers shouldnt be for looks. usually people add them for comfort ! [thumb]
well i relize this, its not my first set of risers, i just ride older cats, so i put huge risers on them for comfort, well i just put a 200 dollar set on my last cat, and figured i would transfer them to the new sled, i just dont know if 10 inches is overkill for this sled, im about 6'1" and ride standing alot, i also love to carve, so im just wondering if anyone has pics of this sled with big risers on it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
snowdriven said:
This is about 10" of rise on mine, maybe 11, close enough tho.

thats exactly what i was looking for, thats even the same style pivot risers as i have. do you happen to have a pic of it all in one piece by chance?

·
Registered
564 Posts
ape hangers, I have always had a thought when i start working on a beater sled just to mess with that I would put real ape hangers on a sled and wire up an extra throttle on them so I could ride with regular bars and then roll through the towns using the hangers

·
Registered
232 Posts
thats one heck of a deal from a dealer, and the sled looks really good too!, wow 10 inch risers thats pretty tall!

·
Registered
845 Posts
jeremybeaner said:
snowdriven said:

thats exactly what i was looking for, thats even the same style pivot risers as i have. do you happen to have a pic of it all in one piece by chance?
sorry I don't, just put those on in the spring, and I am painting the plastics...
heres one with an 8" block and straight bars

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
snowdriven said:
jeremybeaner said:
snowdriven said:

sorry I don't, just put those on in the spring, and I am painting the plastics...
nice that doesnt look tacky at all

·
Registered
845 Posts
jeremybeaner said:
snowdriven said:
jeremybeaner said:
snowdriven said:

nice that doesnt look tacky at all
ya it got me through the rest of the winter, I got the sled in January with a 5" riser, waaay too small, then the 8" was still kinda small for me... hope the new set up is good enough.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts