Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked it over its got new shocks, motor is nice, twin pipes, cluctch kit, and no cracks in tunnel, whay do you guys think?

http://appleton.craigslist.org/rvs/1907655776.html

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Thats a liquid. Looks like a pretty good sled at a fair price. I would buy it. You can always easily drop in a bigger engine later on.

·
Registered
863 Posts
apparently the are lots of fun to jet, im guessing even worse to jet with a set of twin pipes on there.
looks pretty good though

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
what are the things on the track, is it to add weight

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
No he cut all the studs off instead of just removing them. my friend has a 03 pro xr 440 and yes, they are very touchy. any change in temp or alt. and it runs like crap. your best bet if you get the sled is to get a Tempaflow so you never have to jet. I have one on my sled and i will never go without one again!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I was going to buy that! He was gonna give it to me for 1400, but i decided to not get it. I didnt want a 440 race motor, and it was still pre mix. Its not bad for the price though. Its got new radius and tie rods because he hit an ice chunk or something and bent the trailing arm, but its been replaced. Its got a lot of new work put into it and is worth the price,IMO.

·
Registered
148 Posts
That's a great price, I'd buy it. Very fun sled. 01s came stock with oil injection, and it was the first year of the ProX. 01s also came with different rear suspension and different trailing arms than the 02 and up ProXs.

1,792 Posts
zecow224 said:
I looked it over its got new shocks, motor is nice, twin pipes, cluctch kit, and no cracks in tunnel, whay do you guys think?

http://appleton.craigslist.org/rvs/1907655776.html
I think that kid didn't get an 'A' in English class.
Oh, you mean about the sled...[:)]

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I know this is probably me just being polaris-stupid on some part, but I have never in my life seen twin pipes on a 440 engine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen twin pipes on a VES Liberty 440 either. When I first saw the pipes I assumed it was a 600, then I saw the solenoids on top of the head so I knew 440. I wonder what brand the pipes are?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I guess I'm not the only one to think that's odd either. All I can say, if you want it get it. Looks like a solid sled, although the 440's are picky as it is I can't imagine it with twins. I would see if they have the stock single.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
looks good to me. id get it even if it was a 440. you could always drop in something bigger and beter

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PolarisIndySKS said:
I was going to buy that! He was gonna give it to me for 1400, but i decided to not get it. I didnt want a 440 race motor, and it was still pre mix. Its not bad for the price though. Its got new radius and tie rods because he hit an ice chunk or something and bent the trailing arm, but its been replaced. Its got a lot of new work put into it and is worth the price,IMO.
well i went out there with 1250 in hand and he said he would take it but i am not sure yet because its nice and all but i just want to do one more once over before i buy it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
looks like a good deal i really like the looks of the older pro x sleds

sledcrusher said:
I know this is probably me just being polaris-stupid on some part, but I have never in my life seen twin pipes on a 440 engine.
well they have been doing it for quite a while here is my 1976 xenoah 440 l/c from a rupp nitro with factory twins
2008927153856419_22144.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
He woulda took 1250?! Thats a good price at that!

Buy it and part it out! My bro just sold the motor out of his 04 pro xr for 350, and that was with out the clutch, which was worth about another hundred. That sled has a lot of new parts, and worth some money in parts.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
my dads 440 invader has twin pipes. I saw that sled to, I have never seen twin pipes on a Liberty 440 twin before either they must be custom set made for that sled. I would go for it if it was closer.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no everything is from the factory, he told me that the only diffrent from factory on that sled is that its got diffrent clutch kit in it. the guy races ice track motorcross and that is why he is getting rid of it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts