Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been to the up, so I know nothing about where to stay, etc etc. Anybody who can help I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
How far do you want to travel? The most snow is in the eastern UP, right now.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by ACEXLT
[br]How far do you want to travel? The most snow is in the eastern UP, right now.
I don't really care how far it is. I am having second thoughts because I don't want to go into a middle of a zoo. Being it is one of the only places in the country that has significant snow right now, I can imagine that there are a billion idiots all screaming full throttle on their sleds, some probably after drinking.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Or everybody is thinking the same thing as you, and you would be the only person there.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I asked the same question in the snow conditions forum....

We're going on thursday to begin riding friday morning, hopefully it won't be too crazy...yet, and then again saturday morning

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
Originally posted by ZRT 600
[br]Or everybody is thinking the same thing as you, and you would be the only person there.

LMFAO

Ya right.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just came back. The Houghton area has a lot of snow, but its really busy because of that. If you want to go and enjoy it, YOU MUST go during the week, and not on the weekends, trust me.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Jakyll
[br]I just came back. The Houghton area has a lot of snow, but its really busy because of that. If you want to go and enjoy it, YOU MUST go during the week, and not on the weekends, trust me.

Thanks for the tip....looks like I might have to cash in on a little vacation time.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Almost everything is full, though. We managed to find a "mom & pop" motel via the local chamber of commerce.

We took 35 to 2 all the way up, so I know you're in the same situation as us in the Twin Cities.

There's about a foot in Hurley/Ironwood, that can't be too far from you, maybe 2 hours?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
if your going to go on a weekend dont stay in ironwood.. everyone goes there. drive an extra hour or so north and stay in houghton or drive farther east than ironwood and stay in like bruce crossing or maybe marquette, but we put on 350 miles in less than 2 days when we stayed in houghton last year.. soo much fun. sooo much snow.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If there is snow, believe me there will be a flock of people. Experienced this Martin Luther King weekend around Frederick, Waters, Alba and Gaylord Michigan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd definitely go during the week. Me and a buddy went up on a thursday for a night a few weeks ago. We hardly saw any sleds on the trails. The drive back on friday all we saw were trucks pullin sleds going by. As for where to stay, I just drive until I see enough snow for my liking - which usually ends up being Ironwood. Then find the nearest hotel, check in, unload, and go riding.

Josh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts