Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy has a yamaha sxr 700 for sale. asking 1400 it has 2500 miles is that a good price? also i've been told that triples are unreliable and to stay away from them? its is in good cond. from what i can tell but could use any advice on what to look for. also not sure on the year i thought he said it was a 1999 but all i can find on the net is 2000 and up for the sxr 700. thank for the help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi i have a 1999 srx 700 triple and i love it, i have owned every other make and this is defenitely one of my favourite sleds, unbeleivable power for out of the factory you will be blowing by your buddys away specially on the lakes

·
Registered
368 Posts
whoever said that the triples were unreliable has no knowledge of yamaha sleds. that engine is one of the most bullet proof mills ever produced. responds well to upgrades and there is really nothing to look out for, assuming the sled has had routine maintenance. post the vin# for model year verification.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought my sxr 700 last year after selling my 92 vmax 750. I bought it with 4000 on the clock. I paid 1200 for it and man I am VERY HAPPY with it. So I would deff buy your buddies sled for that price. Just check the compression should be 132-145 IIRC? I am sure someone else will chime in too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yamaha triples are the best! I bought a 97 SX700 last year and am amazed at the power and speed. The difference with the R version is better suspension.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a srx 600 it has a lot of work done to it she read 7000 miles and the odometer quit working mid season last year and it still runs like a top its never had a rebuild so i would deffinatley buy it

·
Registered
86 Posts
my nephew and i rebuilt the motor on his 99 srx,cause the center cylinder blew and wiped out the jug and conecting rod,BUT, this motor had 10,000 MILES ON IT. thats huge miles for a two stoke, and i think he'll get another 10,000 out of it.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
MozzMann said:
SXR 700 are great machines, triples are the way to go! I got a 2001, it's one of the best riding sleds I ever ridin
then you havnt ridden many sleds if you think there a good riding sled srx skids suck

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
SXR and SRX not not the same sled people!!!!

Two completely different motors and the SXR has a better suspension.

Both motors are very reliable but the SXR is only about 110 HP, vs. the SRX which is about 145 HP.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a 2000 v-max 700 dlx same sled but mine has reverse and elec start I've got 12000 miles on mine I've only put shaft berrings in it no other probs with it runs great rides great

·
Registered
15 Posts
yamaman3915 said:
I have a 2000 v-max 700 dlx same sled but mine has reverse and elec start I've got 12000 miles on mine I've only put shaft berrings in it no other probs with it runs great rides great
i BOUGHT A 2001 SRX 700 THATS CLUTCHED WITH BENDER SECONDARY HELIX, AND IT HAS HAUCK GROWLERS ON THE EXH. 4900 MILES AND DOES THAT SLED FRIGGIN FLY! WOW! NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR HAS A M10 WITH LONG TRACK KIT THAT I BOUGHT AND PUTTING IN THIS SUMMER.LOVE THESE BABIES!WIFE JUST BOUGHT A 2002 VIPER 700 WITH 3000 MILES IN MINT CONDITION AND MY SON HAS A 99 SX 500. WE HAVE 6000.00 TOTAL INVESTED IN THREE SLEDS. I WILL POST A PICTURE WHEN WE ARE ALL TOGETHER.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
If the polaris liberty 800 was built as good as a Yamaha triple there would be 3 years of history of that sled kicking butt instead of 3 years of that sled being a bomb waiting to go off.

I would trust that 1999 yamaha with 2000 miles 100x before I would trust buying a brand new left over 09 polaris 800 dragon with full warrenty.

·
Registered
449 Posts
madcow said:
If the polaris liberty 800 was built as good as a Yamaha triple there would be 3 years of history of that sled kicking butt instead of 3 years of that sled being a bomb waiting to go off.

I would trust that 1999 yamaha with 2000 miles 100x before I would trust buying a brand new left over 09 polaris 800 dragon with full warrenty.
X2... I'm a Polaris guy, but not a big fan of their 800 liberty. If I bought anything over a 700, be it doo or poo, I wouldn't mess with it. I would buy a yamaha 4 stroke that I can put 10,000 miles on and not worry as much. I love Polaris, but I will never buy an 800, you can take that warranty and shove it, I want to ride and not hassle with a dealership. Buy it man... It will be a good sled... Anyone who says a triple is not as reliable be it 4 or 2 stoke, have zero clue, only hear say to rely on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a 2001 srx 700 with 9500 miles on it and didnt miss a beat, had it from 4000 to 9500 and I sold it for 1300! so your getting a deal. The thing ripped and I wish I still had it, ripped the tits out of my polaris X2 800 and would beat my apex off the line, great sled.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts