Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting rid of my 97' Yamaha Mountain Max 700 for something more reliable and less prone to oevrheating. I am going to look for something used but fairly new say 2-6 years old, and what I will be using it for is trail and mountain riding here in Washington, probably more trail riding than boondocking type stuff but still all in the mountains. I dont have alot of experience with other sleds so I am looking for some suggestions of what would be a good used sled for this type of riding thats reliable and would be in a similar performance range as the Mountain Max I am used to.

·
Registered
999 Posts
03-06 EDGE RMK 700 144"-151" I had an 03 RMK 700 144" and it was an awsome sled. It was more powerfull then a M-Max and they are great for playing around on. I think it was lighter as well. There are so many mods for it if you ever needed more power. There is an 03 RMK 700 for sale by "Kessinger700rmk" here on the site he is from WA as well. He is asking 5000 but I think you can talk him down a bit. It is a mint sled that has a whack load of stuff done to upgrade the performance of the sled. It is a 151" track. Well hope I helped. Good luck. And if you do go with "Kessinger700rmk" sled, then I know you will be happy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm gonna agree with G-Man. But anything you get that's 2-6 years old is going to be a BIG step up from that MM. I hated my dad's 97 even though it ran awesome and had a really good powerband, it just felt like it was 8ft wide. Sounds like any of the crossover sleds would work really well for you, or the shorter track RMKs or summits.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
well I dont know if you have a certain brand preference but if you want to boondocking and trail riding I would go with a 144" track and a deep lug but not a 2.5
600cc-700cc motor I would think.........you dont need big power for boondocking

1 - 4 of 4 Posts