Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been riding a 800 summit for a bit and I enjoy it very much, what i was wondering is I like the idea of having a 600 summit that I can easily throw around. What my question to you guys is , I was thinking of puting a 151 track on it with a big wheel kit, and maybe some small engine mods.I know this would be best in the skidoo section but whatever. Is there enough power in in the 600's to have a longer track?

spencer

·
Registered
324 Posts
i would say dont go bigger than a 144 on that sled. It'll move the 151 but not very well or fast. The 144 is enough to satisfy your needs

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I could get around in some steep and deep pretty well with my 136" while in Cooke City. The 144" would be perfect in my opinion for that engine. Gear it down on top and clutch it just right and you should have no problems. The new RMKs have 155s so if you really wanted a 151 I think you would still have the power to push it but if you really want a tight handling sled a 144" would be even better. The 16 inch track will make that 144 comparable to the 151 if not more. (I dont know track area compared but Im sure its more)

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I thought the 800 summit was easy to through around. I dont think your going to gain much by going to the 600. If im not mistaken the 600 is not to much liter than the 800. (same track wise)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
600 with a 151 2", no prob, when my big bore is at the docs I run my spare which is a stock ported 670 with some minor bolt on mods and I'm turning a 162 2 1/4" track.
But I do agree with WY rider, I think you will be loosing HP and not wieght (IMO)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yah that is what i was thinking, they do come with 144 stock right?, would a new clutch be a good idea for some better performance?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Originally posted by pilotguy
[br]Yah that is what i was thinking, they do come with 144 stock right?, would a new clutch be a good idea for some better performance?
Why would you need a new clutch? Ff its not an 07 then you should be fine with the stock clutch. maybe tuning it but no need for a new one? you wouldn't need a new clutch for the 07's either. they are just having a hard time right now keeping rpm's with them. it will get figured out.

I would recommend you take a 600 out for a ride. the only difference your gunna feel is the lack of power. the chassis is set up the same way so tipping it over and throwing it around is guuna be the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts