Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blew up the ZRT,time for a change.looking at a 2002 800 EDGE X, it has 3800 miles on it,but nobody has one around here so i dont know if their any good or not.any body out there got any experiance with them at all, I love the blue and yellow[:D][:D]

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on P man[:)] i know your lurking out there somewhere[}:)] help me out buddy[:D][:D]

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
hes riding, I woukld personally go with the 700. 800s have never done anything to impress me. We rode with one and he could never get it tuned right(always fiddling though). He sold it(2002 XC 800) and bought a Pro X 700, I don't he regrets the choice at all.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went to look at the 800 EDGE today it seems like a nice machine but im still not sure what the reliability is like on these sleds.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a bud I ride with that has an 01 800. No valves on his. I say go for it. His kind of blubbered a little on low end but still got good mileage. You will probably find that traction will be your limiting factor to performance. He did some mods at about 5000 miles and he told me that when he tore down his engine it all looked brand new. He still has the stock pistons sitting in a box somewhere. BTW he uses the cheapest TCW-3 oil he can get. I'm pretty sure that 800s all came with a roller secondary. His did.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have an '01 800 without valves. At first I was very disappointed when the next year they put the valves in the '02. Now after reading posts on other forums about the troubles people have with their '02's valves, midrange burn downs (5-7000 rpm's) I'm glad I have my '01. With mods to both sleds my will hang all day with the '02. There is a whole Yahoo group dedicated to this sled. I'll get you the link and post it in a minute. I won't tell you not to get one, but if I had to do it over again I would still get the '01. Just my .02
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/XC800VES/
J-2-800

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the imput guys,i think ill hold of for now,ill run the ZRT for the rest of this year and see whats around next fall.

·
Registered
777 Posts
i,m with sled dog.02 700 are wicked fast and pretty much trouble free

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i cant imagine why anyone needs more than a 600.. my 02 just rips.. but i guess everyone has their things.. i had a 500 but i wanted to be like 1 sled lenght faster than my 500 so i bought a 600.. which i really didnt need to.

·
Registered
133 Posts
just so you know. my 600 edge runs even with 700 twin ski-doos. ain't even really close to buds 800. I do hear good things about 700s but if the price is right I would not pass up the 800.

·
Registered
197 Posts
the 02' 800 with the ves is actualy nicer than the 03' polaris tamed down the jetting on it, the ves needs high quality oil and regular maintenance but otherwise the sled rocks!!!
skidoo did away with the 700...not reliable enough.
if it has clickers and m-10 jump on that puppy!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Listen to J2.. the yahoo forum is quite active. Heard lots about poor perfomance (cdi remapping , clutching)and dropping valves.
Have heard exclenant things about 02 700's

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by confusedguy
[br]so did you decide what your guna do yet???
Gonna hold off and see what else is around,figure i got till next fall so no big rush,but man that blue and yellow is sharp.[:D]thanks for the imput guys[8D]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts