Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont do anything for summer, seeing as I ride in the summer as well.
201041784548408_27886.jpg

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtd_Di4Dj8k

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I am confused as to what the question is implying. Is it about what we did to our sleds for summer storage or what we have for summer toys?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neither. I dont summerize my sled, thankfully. WE got snowfall so I took a little ride. Over a month with no snow at all, and now we get some. WTF

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Since there seems to be no real point to this thread, I need to ask, where the heck is garage door on that garage?? A 36k garage would normally have a garage door where I live.

And what is the question or topic of this thread? Do you just want people to know your old man bought a jet ski?

kingofkings said:
I am confused as to what the question is implying. Is it about what we did to our sleds for summer storage or what we have for summer toys?
Oh...I think he means what did you get for snow. As if everyone got some LOL

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Far right side ( in the video you can see the trucks parked up to the left in front of it ). The driveway comes up the right side of the yard and then theres a spot to park 3-4 cars. Garage holds 1 car or truck ( my dads cobra is currently in there getting its new motor and supercharger pulley ), and 4 sleds ( with enough room to work on them all ). Then the stairs are right by the door I showed you a picture of, and we use that for general storage until the wiring and heating system is done. The back wall is getting cut out, and a deck is being put on it with a sliding glass door going out to it.

Most of the New Hampshire, Maine, and Vermont got snow. I wanted to know/see what everyone else got. I heard some places in the mountains could see as much as 10"!

·
Registered
567 Posts
this is what im doin with mine over the summer and im tryn to set up water days, water skipping on the lake, so hopefully ill have more pics of my sled in the sun and water and mud
201044152929760_1745.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
sledcrusher said:
Far right side ( in the video you can see the trucks parked up to the left in front of it ). The driveway comes up the right side of the yard and then theres a spot to park 3-4 cars. Garage holds 1 car or truck ( my dads cobra is currently in there getting its new motor and supercharger pulley ), and 4 sleds ( with enough room to work on them all ). Then the stairs are right by the door I showed you a picture of, and we use that for general storage until the wiring and heating system is done. The back wall is getting cut out, and a deck is being put on it with a sliding glass door going out to it.

Most of the New Hampshire[/color=red], Maine, and Vermont got snow.[/color=red] I wanted to know/see what everyone else got. I heard some places in the mountains could see as much as 10"!

Not me, I didnt get anything. Just rain for the past 48 hours.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
good luck selling that sled with these videos of you driving it in mud. isn't that how how you messed up your fusion?? By trying to carve in less than one inch of snow?

1,792 Posts
sledcrusher said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtd_Di4Dj8k
Well, we know what you'll be doing this spring while the rest of us are drowning worms! Reseeding your lawn! [:D]

·
Registered
380 Posts
You need your head examined. You put your heart and soul into that sled to get it where it is and hear you are riding it on the pond and across your yard. My dad would kill me if i spent all his money to build my own sled only to rip it across the grass. Have fun reseeding your lawn. And good luck at the doctors.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
My father would cut my balls off if I was riding on that little bit of snow and soft ground underneath. And I'd be reseeding the whole lawn, on my own dime.

You have a jetski, and decide to waterskip with your sled? That makes a ton of sense. I foresee a "I sunk my sled" thread at some point this summer. :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'd consider riding on a couple inches of snow.....in November maybe when I gotta scratch the summer itch away!!!! And I just could never understand why anyone would ride a sled in the sand, clay and mud......WTF??? Must have more money than brains I guess.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Snowmobiles are toys, nothing else ( unless you use it as a means of transportation ).

I'm sorry that my stock can "sounds like sh*t".

No worries about the lawn, as soon as all the snow melts my parents are getting the whole lawn redone anyways. They've been planning it for a while. There was a rock pathway up to the front door that we started removing, we decided we're just gonna take the lawn mower drag across the lawn and tear everything up, then put the dump truck loads of dirt down and smooth it out. Then seed the whole lawn.

·
Registered
380 Posts
sgemt said:
I'd consider riding on a couple inches of snow.....in November maybe when I gotta scratch the summer itch away!!!! And I just could never understand why anyone would ride a sled in the sand, clay and mud......WTF??? Must have more money than brains I guess.[/color=yellow]

Thats exactly what it is they piss it away like water.

·
Registered
567 Posts
INDY400MOD said:
sgemt said:
I'd consider riding on a couple inches of snow.....in November maybe when I gotta scratch the summer itch away!!!! And I just could never understand why anyone would ride a sled in the sand, clay and mud......WTF??? Must have more money than brains I guess.[/color=yellow]

Thats exactly what it is they piss it away like water.

completely agree your gonna ride ride in real snow not an inch and tear things up must be nice to do that tho

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I rode once in 3 inches of snow for 10 mins last time ever will do that and the 136 had a rough time, just because through a corn field it is rough that is why I waited until the stalks were not visible then went riding and riding in low snow does damage to a sled. I know sleds r toys but I could never let myself do that to the 136 just because I respect the machine and do not want to neglect it.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I understand not doing it in a corn field. I try to steer clear of corn fields unless they have a solid snow pack on them. Any type of farm field for that matter. The bumps in them feel more than destructive and hurt when you hit them.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Mad-Boondocker said:
I rode once in 3 inches of snow for 10 mins last time ever will do that and the 136 had a rough time, just because through a corn field it is rough that is why I waited until the stalks were not visible then went riding and riding in low snow does damage to a sled. I know sleds r toys but I could never let myself do that to the 136 just because I respect the machine and do not want to neglect it.

I 2nd that!! Have some respct for your stuff. But if he paid for one thing himself im sure he would respect it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.