Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a 2000 zr sno pro 440 with black magic pipes in great shape. Well any ways he was trying to tell me that he gets 200 to 250 miles on one tank lol that's funny. Whats would be the gas mileage on this sled be?

· Registered
538 Posts
should be able to go 110 at least. i went 115 and couldve gone another 5 on my 700. and that was on a warm day pushing through heavy wet snow. and the old 700 twins are horrible on gas. a 440 should go farther on a good day and jetted correctly.

· Registered
15,705 Posts
I would not try pushing more than 175 miles at most with mine. I might be able to get 200 but that would be on fumes.

· Registered
860 Posts
Teicherc said:
My dad has a '99 and an '01. Three weeks ago we took em out trail riding and put 110 miles on and they both had about an inch of gas left in the tanks. 440kid I hope you were joking.
i was, aah

· Registered
172 Posts
Matt does have a point with that, what was he thinkin tellin you that it gets that kinda milage????
As far as a dial-a-jet... idk if it will help the milage. They have three settings and won't even change a whole jet size. The only thing I liked about them was the snorkel that pulls fresh cool air directly into the carb. In the long run I thought they were a complete waste of money.

And as far as that sled goes, I would me more worried about just makin sure its jetted right to run and not burn up.

· Registered
15,705 Posts
97 xcr 440. with a T-Flow

· Registered
15,705 Posts
snowmobileguy said:
Will t-flow really help that much on gas mileage??
Yes. It will make your jetting right all of the time. On my 700 I picked up 3-4 mpg. I can get 14.5-14.8 mpg on trails running 3/4 throttle and 75-8000 rpm on my 440. The mpgs can go up to 20 if I am putzing around at 25-30 mph.

You might get less with the pipes???

· Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HUH didn't know that.

Isn't 6000 rpm that's a lot for a clutch to engage at isn't it? I know its a race sled but still that sled must be running 8000 8500 just for trail riding. You would think it would suck gas like crazy.
Thats on the sno pro

· Registered
1,728 Posts
My 90 Prowler 440 with 7.2 gal tank
If I'm just riding trail's by Myself I can get 100-110 mile's on a tank.
If I ride with a group, and have to keep up with the bigger sled's, it goes dry at 80 mile's.
Mileage has a lot to do with how you ride the sled.
If you ride fairly sedately, it will be much better than if you're hammering all the time.
Snow condition's will also have an effect on mileage, hard pack will give you better mileage, than powder.

Unless that sled has an 18 gallon tank on it, I guarantee he's NEVER gone 250 mile's on a tank of gas.
250-300 on a tank of OIL sound's about right.

Rick

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.