Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i dont know who this jeff brown guy is but please read this article and comment on it. this dildo wants to remove all tax money comming from fuel sales and put it into the road system, so just hear this out, you pay road tax on petro when u fill ur sled up rite? so y shouldnt some of that $ go to the snowmobile clubs and trail systems? this artilce made me extremely mad! please read and send jeff brown your comments!!!!!!

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/commentary/99664629.html?page=1&c=y

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
One thing they don't talk about is all the revenue made by snowmobile (atv in general) riders. That is such a big part of income for some places. What's going to happen if this goes through? I can guarantee there will be some businesses hurt bad enough that they will have to close. If people don't like it, they will go somewhere else to ride.

If this goes through, they better take the road tax off the gas for all atv's!! Then they can't bitch about funds going to the trail systems.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
^very true. I can think a lot of small towns that are way out in the butt crack of nowhere, but the trail systems pass through so the bars definitely get full of riders in the winter months.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
see what all these politicians cant seem to figure out, is that by screwing with snowmobilers they are really hurting local economys which can kill a whole states economy given enough tampering. Is it possible to do a class action lawsuit against all these "
parties" that regularly harass snowmobilers?

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
There spending Millions around our town for bike trails.
Wow I be that brings in a lot of $$$$

I can spend more money on gas for my sled in one day then I usually do with my truck.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i hear you on the bike trail crap, why not tax the bikers then?!?! they use the road system and dont pay a stitch of money to do it!!! why not cut out off of the flowers and plants that are all along the blvrds and streets? this spring i saw city workers planting shrubs and laying mulch along 494 and i drive by the same spot and the grass is 5' tall and you cant even see the crap!!!! now that was a waste of $ plus u gotta pay someone to water the crap, maintain it, pay for a city truck and the fuel that goes in there.......

SnowAttitude said:
There spending Millions around our town for bike trails.
Wow I be that brings in a lot of $$$$

I can spend more money on gas for my sled in one day then I usually do with my truck.

LOL yup buying those $.99 bottles of water once a week really stimulates the economy. and have you EVER seen 20 schwin fuckin armstrongs outside a bar getting a burger and a beer? nope.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here is the MRR's info call or email them and tell them what you think, i did:

218-740-3175 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

P.O. Box 111, Duluth, MN 55801

[email protected]

Visit our office and
Art of Quiet Places Gallery:
205 West 2nd Street, Downtown Duluth

1 - 10 of 10 Posts