Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i would have posted this about 2 weeks ago, but i didn't have the pics yet.

So the one friday i came home and dad had a list of stuff for me to do, one of which was get all the garbage and burn it on the end of the compost pile. So i did. Then on saturday some of the tires in the pile caught on fire, and it just so happened that the deputy sheriff was driving by and saw the black smoke. So he told dad that he was going to have to report him to the DNR for burning prohibitted materials. So dad said he would put it out and take all the tires out of the pile, meanwhile the deputy was taking pictures. Well an hour or so and he had most of the tires out.

And then this....... [}:)][;)]

[attachment=50433]

[attachment=50434]

[attachment=50435]

It was pretty funny.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
What have we learned here?

Burn tires at night.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, Yeah. He told the deputy that since its a compost pile it must have just spontaeneously combusted. hehehe...

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
So how exactly did the skid-steer flip? And yes, wait for a night with no moon...can't see the smoke then...though the fire would be quite visible...

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well he was scooping up the side of the pile and turning at the same time, and it just slowly tipped. He was calling my brother out to help, but he was busy so my sister-in-law went back there and saw the skid loader on its side and came back laughing.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Do any damage to the cab/cage?

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, he said it was almost in slow motion. He righted it back up and then continued taking the tires out. LOL

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
My dad did the same thing on a haylage pile. He was back down the end and got too close to the side. Slow motion tip over. My mom, sister and I were just laughing, and he jumped out just pissed! LOL!!! No damage other than a little spilt oil and diesel.

·
Registered
721 Posts
yup those things pretty tough , my Buddy's dad rented one once , we rode it all day building jumps and stuff..good times

1 - 9 of 9 Posts