Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got back from Greenville, NY where they held grass drags this weekend. Looks like the Ski Doo REV is for trail riding only, because it sucks at drag racing. Wasn't even close in any class it ran in, 600 or 800. The big Doos ran good in their classes, 800 and 1000. Polaris did great as usual in all classes. Arctic Cat did really good all over. Then again I think the boys from Hooper Racing had like 13 sleds there for Cat. Yamaha, well they were there. But there was one black F7 there that was flying. In stock 700, won. Improved stock 700, won. Stock 700 triple, won. Improved stock 700 triple, second. Stock 800, won!! This guys stock F7 was set up perfect. There were 2 other F7's there, but they were just average and didn't win like this black one. I heard from some people there that the guy picked the sled up 2 weeks ago and the boys at D&D Racing in Lowville, NY prepped it. Looks like they did a great job from the results. I'm die hard Polaris, but I have to give Arctic Cat credit for making what looks a rocket with just some fine tuning. Hey XCR6girl, where were you?!!!!!!!!!!

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well just as I thought. The REV is no rocket. Its the firts new I hear about the REV in drag compettion, and it's what we expected. Bombardier built that seld to fly (literaly). They might have a good sled for that but they TOTALY [email protected] up when they got rid of the MACH Z for this year, and take there last TRIPLE off the market! I'm so PISTOFF at them for that! I would love to talk to the guys that made that STUPID MOVE!

ONE THING AT A TIME!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Yeah but the thing is that everyone expected the F7s to not be a very good dragger thanks to its track and studding options. Aftermarket companies have added outside wheel kits for studding and lots of performance stuff already. Including EFI to carb conversions. Only thing is just to pipe the sled you have to convert it to Carb. Anyway as for D&D I have been saying it for a while I know from experience cause I have been beat by them a hundred times. One guy we ride with is like one of their best customers they literally loan him things just to play with. He had an entirely stock apearing 2002 ZL800 EFI SS that destroyed everything at grass drags. I mean EVERYTHING. It would rip out into the front like we were standing still. It even beat his other sled which is a modified 2001 ZR 800 that he won't tell us what it has but its fast, faster then just pipes for sure. We later discovered all he had done was pipes and a new EFI computer on loan from D&D that boosted the output just a little. Lets just say if she ran a 1/4mile it prolly would have gone pop but we were running 500 so.

·
Registered
322 Posts
They still do make Mach Z's...and they look sweet as hell this year too. Just saying.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry, my mistake. This wil be the last year for the MACH Z. A friend of mine had a conversation with one of the guys from the reserche and developement at Bombardier. He told him the 800 is being pulled out. I misheard the year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am going to have to disagree with you on your opinion of the rev,
It actually did very well at the largest grass drag of the year Haydays
It Placed 1st and 2nd in the stock 600 class, 1st 2nd 3rd in the stock 600 triple class, 2nd in the stock 800 class only to lose to a 03 800 summit, 1st in the stock 800 triple class. you can check it out yourself if you would like.
http://www.snobarons.com/race-results/ .
Don't get me wrong the f-7 is going to be a sled that will piss many ski-doo owners off. But if you ask me, It all pretty comes down to who knows what the hell they are doing! Learn it and win by it..

kainzamatic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts