Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a look and tell me what you think. I spend more time on this thing than any sain person should.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I got it Thanks.
/polarisman/../images/users/macxc600/sn2.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/macxc600/sn4.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/macxc600/sn.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/macxc600/sn5.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/macxc600/sn3.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/macxc600/Sn1.jpg

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
That thing looks sharp! I can't tell, although I think it's a 600, am I right?

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hehe yeah that might give it away.

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
322 Posts
Nice lookin sled...like the black. Like what you did w/ the bars too. I like the 90 Degree hooks better though for the left...but that's just my opinion. We have hooks on all of ours...really nice actually.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I dont blame you for being on it all the time. I would too if i had it.

----------------------------------------------------93coty = my car 1993 motor trend Car Of The Year - Ford Probe GT

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
That pic is blurred and I was just confirming.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Exactly what kind of handle bars are those anyway?

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys for all the props. The bars are 03 pro-x bars with a 2in riser instead of the 4in on the pro-x( I don't think the cables are long enough for the 4in). They work great and I have put them on a couple of my buddies XCs as well. Let me know in you want more info on the set up.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Love some more info! I hate the bars on my XLT SP, its like holding on to an upside down V, they angle back so freakin' far instead of out nice and straight. I'm planning on getting a 2 inch riser for them and a set of the 45 deg hooks, which will help. But I'd really like to get a different set of bars, then just put these goodies on them.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know if it will work on a non-edge sled but go to Dennis Kirk and get the pivot adapter and 2in pivot risor (for the pro-x) block made by Powermadd. Then go to your polaris dealer and order the Pro-x bars and handle bar pad from a 03 Pro-x. The 02 pro-x pad is a large red pad that covers the whole assembly. You can go with that if you like(I didn't). Also get new stock grips and you can also get hooks from polaris. A couple of tips. Use a heat gun to take your hand warmer elements off and either use grip glue or a little high temp silicone to reapply the elemts to the new bar. Cut the nob end off your new stock grips and put them on backwards if you are going to use hooks. The smooth tapered end will blend right into the hooks and they will look like one piece. You might have to reroute your throotle and brake cable but you should not have to add a extender for the 2in rise. I cut a 1/2in off both ends of my bars to make the 45 hooks work better when out on the hooks in terms of the throttle and brake lever, The stock snowmobile cover will also fit better. Use cable ties to hold all the cables and wires in place. I also used black wire caseing that you can get at any hardware store to enclose all of the wires. It all cost about $120. It looks like its orginal equipment. In my experince all the other aftermarket risers look like they are cheap add ons. The total increase in hieght is about 3in and you have two pivot points two adjust forward or back as well as the rise. I like them foward alittle to center my wieght on the sled for some hard trail riding. You can put the back and cruise to if you like. I hope this is clear but feel free to ask if not.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Id say if you were in need of bars, go get a set of mx bars and a nice rise like 600 was tlakin about. I stuck a set of reg mx bars on my sled, and it makes a whole lotta difference, but i also stuck a 4 inch rise on her too. Me old 94 xlt sp, she looks pretty cool. Then go get a set of hand guards and stick on there too, give that racey look to her.

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
33 Posts
That is a wicked awesome sled. A nicely done Polaris gets me everytime

~* Bad ass toys aren't just for boys *~

·
Registered
36 Posts
Im a Yamaha man but your sled is awsome, it looks like you put alot of money and keep it in good shape. I like the yellow you use in it. Great job and ride safe.

Justin Jarmus

1 - 20 of 28 Posts