Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 years of being sledless and my buddies not letting me forget it, I finally broke down and started looking for sleds. After a few months of trying to find a 440X or Sno Pro, which apparently are made of gold in North Dakota $$$, and my first trip to West Yellowstone, I decided a mountain sled would work around here and be perfect for future Mountain trips. Thanks to Rendezvous renting me a '10 Assault the first day and a '11 RMK 800 the next two days, I was hooked on the Pro-Ride chassis. After missing a Pro-RMK and an Assault at the local Polaris dealer by a few days, RMK-KING tipped me off on a couple he had seen at Action Motorsports in Mandan 160 miles away. The Assault was no longer available, but they still had the 155" Pro. $500 to hold it and two days later I picked it up. [:D]

20101230214523937_6930.jpg

20101230214532609_6930.jpg

I was really impressed with Action Motorsports. I dealt with Kristen for the most part, but even watching parts and sales while going through the paperwork was impressive.[thumb] Too bad they are so far away, sure beats the local dealer.

Not only was today the first time I ever bought anything with a motor brand new, but it was also the first time I hit a deer. Caught the last one of the 6-7 that crossed the road at 50+ mph with the right corner. Drove away with a busted park lamp, and a very slight twist to the bumper. Pickups from '79 may not have all the creature comforts of today's vehicles, but they sure can take a hit. [;)]

20101230214538796_6930.jpg

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
A lil birdy told me that he saw a SF sticker at the dealership today. Are we making another trip west?

Looks like I'll have to whip out the checkbook to keep up with the Jones.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Damn dude, nice buy. Didn't think you'd pull through on a new sled. I guess it is only money though. [;)]

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
flatlander_summit said:
A lil birdy told me that he saw a SF sticker at the dealership today. Are we making another trip west?

Looks like I'll have to whip out the checkbook to keep up with the Jones.
Apparently that little birdy wasn't able to keep it secret after all...[beatup]

We better be headin' out west again, I can't imagine how once a year could ever be enough. [;)]

Quinlan said:
Damn dude, nice buy. Didn't think you'd pull through on a new sled. I guess it is only money though. [;)]
Wasn't so sure I would either, the sad thing is that the only thing worth more then the sled is the house...it's all about priorities. [thumb]

The bad thing about buying a new sled is any motor mods in the next 2 years void the warranty...[:(]

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
That lil birdy surely wasnt me [beatup] Ok so I might have gave one person a little hint about it haha.

I had to get a pic of it before I left the dealership today, pretty sweet sled dude!! [thumb]
2010123022385115_1554.jpg

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^It took a couple looks to believe I was really seeing the green Ford pulling up...quite the coinkydink I'd say...got a couple wierd looks when I started laughing out of nowhere.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Blackcat said:
^It took a couple looks to believe I was really seeing the green Ford pulling up...
It took even more looks to believe I was seeing the black Ford sitting out front!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Nice sled! Wanna trade? Haha and good job on the deer. My 89 Cadillac ran straight over a deer in the summer. Nothing happened to the car! Haha sometimes the older things are better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts