Snowmobile Fanatics banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im prbbly gonna go and pick up a 1998 Honda CR 125 and was wonder the pros and cons of this bike thanx

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have never owned a Cr but have ridden one. Compared to my kx it handles the same and everything but my kx has alot more bottom end. You have to clutch the Cr alot more but it handled good. Hope ya like it!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I picked it up, I like it how it rides, It has a fmf gold series pipe and powercore2 silencer (neighbors dont like it to much lol), boyesen reeds, new tires and pro taper bars, and got a pair of boots with the bike. I havent got to ride it much, been to cold but will be able to ride it a lil now it warmin up a lil. Im hopin to black the bike out, get some different #'s and put some graphics on it. I think im gonna order a gripper seat cover for it to. IDK yet wat im gonna do, throw in some thoughts on wat i should do. Here is a pic of the bike the first day i got it.
[attachment=48423]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Hondas are a good bike all around. Their 125s were down on power certain years compared to the others in the class, but the cr's handeling is good. Overall a good bike. Honda has always made everything very well rounded and functional, goes for dirt, street, and quad.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Originally posted by baker
[br][red]NO BRAND BASHING[/red]
You obviously havent owned any hondas, what other manufactures have you owned, ill tell you whats wrong with it. I own more hondas then you have ever seen, theres a reason for that little boy.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Ski-Doo-Summit
[br]Black with new numbers sounds cool. Black rims would be cool too but $$$.Like it
Yah black rims would look kick and Jez i know they r expesive i could prbbly take the rims a part and paint them my self if i wanted to.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Originally posted by 01cbr
[br]
Originally posted by baker
[br][red]NO BRAND BASHING[/red]
You obviously havent owned any hondas, what other manufactures have you owned, ill tell you whats wrong with it. I own more hondas then you have ever seen, theres a reason for that little boy.
+1 there. Honda has made a lot of well rounded machines in almost every form of recreation vehicles and cars as well. Super reliable, dependable, and long living machines.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
^^^ take it easy dude! go for it, I had 98 CR125 for short time ( bought it brand new as a leftover in spring and got free $699 craftsman toolbox as a promo deal ) I love the way bike handled , excellent arm pulling 1-4 gears and then it flat out at top pretty quickly, I miss that bike for sure! run 32:1 oil mix ratio either AMSOIL ( dominator would suit this very well ) or honda HPV 2 stroke ( gold color verison )

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
hal, well said and you should check his other topic about selling ps2 and then he said what is that after the guy was posting his zip code for estimate cost to ship it! if it was me , personally I would be embarrassed

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
[attachment=37008]
See the seat on this bike? It's a gripper on top and some sort of stiff plastic/vinyl on the sides. Don't get one of those, they absolutely suck. get a full gripper seat and your arse will thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
luvsnowncold u said run 32/1 the guy i bought it from said go 40/1 and i am runing amsoil incepetor oil and 91 octane premium gas

butcherbuy yah i have been lookin into a gripper seat ive saw seats like that thanx 4 warning bout that

·
Registered
542 Posts
People are gonna tell you how the 98 cr 125 was lacing in power, from what they read im magazines. In reality no one short of a pro rider will even notice. I have a 99 cr 250r, amazingly reliable for a bike that has a recommend rebuild interval of 9 hours. Rode my bike for years before i decided to do a top end, when i took it apart the rings where only slightly worn, cylinder and piston where still mint.

My suggestion, keep all bearing, wheel, head, and especially swingarm/linkage bearings well greased. When they dry out and rust you linkage and swingarm get super sloppy and they arnt cheap to replace. My swingarm+linkage bearings cost me more than my top end.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.