Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in the middle of putting back my 700 liberty after new crank and top end,service manual says to use only three bond 1215?what is it?WHERE IS IT?can,t find it anywhere?any help would be appreciated.another topic,why a belt driven coolant/oil pump on the 2004 700 cc's with ves..seems like a problem waiting..broken belt =no oil to engine and no cooling pump...ouch.....much prefer the gear driven system in my 06 fusion 600 ho...any opinions?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
its not 1215,

hiperf.com has it, i beleive its 1194, part number 265-191 and its $6.25 a tube.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Just go to your local YAMAHA dealer and buy a tube of yamabond, it works the same and your engine cases will never know the difference, I been using yamabond on our polaris motor builds for over 3 years now and have had no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
98700xc said:
Just go to your local YAMAHA dealer and buy a tube of [highlight=yellow]yamabond[/highlight=yellow], it works the same and your engine cases will never know the difference, I been using yamabond on our polaris motor builds for over 3 years now and have had no problems at all.
Same here, good stuff!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I use Loctite 515. Never had a problem with it either.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
All the Polaris dealerships Ive ever been in stock threebond. I have also used loctite 515 with good results though.

Btw, all those liberty 700 motors were belt driven water/oil pump. My 98 has the same setup and Im not a big fan of it either.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Im a Yamabond fan also-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts