Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well started looking at the ol TXL..Its going to need a new throttle assembly. Im not looking for a replacement. Im looking for a simple one. Just a block and throttle.

Point me towards a good one.

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,922 Posts
Go take one off of an old sled. Or, you could always do what I did. Rev XP throttle block and a SnoPro 440 lever. $6 lever, $1.50 lower block, $11.50 upper block.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
I like the rsi unit, i will be putting their stuff on my Storm and RXL. Thats my 2cents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Support a sponsor.....RSI!!![thumb]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
sledcrusher said:
Go take one off of an old sled. Or, you could always do what I did. Rev XP throttle block and a SnoPro 440 lever. $6 lever, $1.50 lower block, $11.50 upper block.
That's pretty much what I did, except I got an XP lever ($50ish Canadian when I got mine).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Redneck13x said:
BrianLee said:
I like the rsi unit, i will be putting their stuff on my Storm and RXL. Thats my 2cents.
Got a link to one? Cant seem to find it anywhere?
RSI usually has an ad at the top of the home page, but you can type in www.RSIRacing.com (on line shopping)[thumb]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,922 Posts
Blecter said:
sledcrusher said:
Go take one off of an old sled. Or, you could always do what I did. Rev XP throttle block and a SnoPro 440 lever. $6 lever, $1.50 lower block, $11.50 upper block.
That's pretty much what I did, except I got an XP lever ($50ish Canadian when I got mine).
Must have gotten either an aluminum one, or an 08 one. Mines from an 09' 600. $12 brand new for both pieces.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
sledcrusher said:
Blecter said:
sledcrusher said:
Go take one off of an old sled. Or, you could always do what I did. Rev XP throttle block and a SnoPro 440 lever. $6 lever, $1.50 lower block, $11.50 upper block.
That's pretty much what I did, except I got an XP lever ($50ish Canadian when I got mine).
Must have gotten either an aluminum one, or an 08 one. Mines from an 09' 600. $12 brand new for both pieces.
I got the same throttle block as you did (well, mine is from an 09 800) for the same price. It was my lever that was more ($50ish). Doo's aluminum blocks are like $150 or similar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
Hes putting a TB on a ol Poo, why would you wanna use ski doo??? Stay with brand or use after market.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
BrianLee said:
Hes putting a TB on a ol Poo, why would you wanna use ski doo??? Stay with brand or use after market.
When you can get a throttle block for between $10 and $15 new, who cares what brand it is? Even the Powermadd/RSI blocks are over twice that price. Why spend more than you have to?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,922 Posts
BrianLee said:
Hes putting a TB on a ol Poo, why would you wanna use ski doo??? Stay with brand or use after market.
That's the same as saying "Hi, I need a new motor. Whats a better deal, a Poo motor that puts out 50hp for $1000, or a more reliable Doo motor that puts out 90hp for $700 and will bolt right in."

I used a cat throttle block because it was not only cheaper, but twice as thick as a stock Ski-Doo one. A lot of the racers are even using them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
Its very simple, its called brand loyalty, if i wanted a ski doo motor or any other ski doo part, then i would bought ski doos, i like my Polaris and use Polaris parts of rsi. The same as with harleys when i built them. I sure has hell would use no damned honda,suzuki,kawaski or yamaha parts on them. To me its a very simple old school common sence.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
BrianLee said:
Its very simple, its called brand loyalty, if i wanted a ski doo motor or any other ski doo part, then i would bought ski doos, i like my Polaris and use Polaris parts of rsi. The same as with harleys when i built them. I sure has hell would use no damned honda,suzuki,kawaski or yamaha parts on them. To me its a very simple old school common sence.
Well, if you want to pay MUCH more for a couple pieces of plastic/metal (metal if you spend even more)/etc, then go ahead, I'm not stopping you. You look at it in term of brand loyalty, and I look at it in terms of finances. I couldn't care less if I put Poo, Cat or Yammie parts on my sled; to me it's a matter of "Does it work?" and "Can I ride with it?". If I can get a part cheaper than another part that does the exact same thing, that's the way I'll go. Why? Because then I'll have more money to ride/modify my sled more.

I guess I'm of a "new school common sense" (as you might put it), being that I value my money over brand loyalty BS. All brands make good sleds/parts these days, so it's just pick your colour and go.

Anyways, here's a picture of the XP throttle block and XP lever Redneck13x:


And here's one with it installed:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top