Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a general clean up of the sled, I removed the airbox. Wow. Full of gunk and crap. The throttle
body (both) was also full of sludge. Is that normal? Where did all the oil come from?

Anyway, I cleaned out the throttle bodies up to the butterfly and cleaned out the airbox too. Should the filters be cleaned, or maybe sprayed with K&N filter oil?

Kind of new to all of this. Sorry if my questions are stupid. I kind of thought that I should take the whole throttle body apart and do a thorough cleaning, but if it works?

What say fellow snowmobile fanatics?

·
Registered
610 Posts
This is normal. Don't worry about it too much, just remember to clean it each season.

Cleaning the filter will only help get cleaner air into the sleds engine, so this would be a great idea. I'm don't think the K&N filter Oil is necessary.

No such thing as a stupid question!

I personally would clean out the whole throttle body. I like to make sure everything is all good. Just because it works good now, doesn't mean it wont fail 50 miles down the trail.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
sledfreak139 said:
You obviously haven't read enough of sledcrushers posts...

·
Registered
454 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
sledfreak139 said:
You obviously haven't read enough of sledcrushers posts...
your always good for a morning laugh, about spit coffee all over the dang computer!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts