Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago when I was fighting an air leak I messed with the cable ajustment to see if that was a problem. It wasn't! Now I have play in my thumb throttle and I had to disable the killswitch to get the machine to start. I tried ajusting the slack at the top of the carbs and it had no effect. What do I do?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Hmm, I was sort of wondering the same thing the other day.

I put on the Powermadd Throttle block and there is some play in the flipper now. You can pull the throttle a bit before it will begin opening the carbs. I also noticed that when I hold it at full throttle I can still maunally open the throttle a bit on the carb. I don't know if this is normal or not and planned on ajusting the cable end a bit but now you are saying that didn't help.

Hopefully somebody with some input will help us out!!!

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Throttle Cable adjustment 101.
For your 2 applications, the cable is all ready mounted so I'll skip that part here.

Adjust your oil side first.
Your allignment marks should not quite line up until you take the free play out of the cable with the thumb throttle.
When the freeplay is taken up and the carbs have not opened at all yet, the allignment marks should just line up.

Now the carb side.
You adjust these with the thumb throttle in the full throttle position.
Adjust it so that your carbs or rack just hits the full throttle position when the thumb throttle is at the grip.
This will give you the propper freeplay for the micro safety switches to work propperly to not have to disable things as you said that you are now.

Go back and double check your oil side that it still lines up when the freeplay is taken up and you are set.
Don't forget to tighten up the jam nuts to keep your adjustment right.
This really should be checked every season along with the cable condition.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
^^^^^^^^

Just the type of person I was hoping would chime in on this thread!!!

Thanks for the input. I do have one question for you though. What are the alignment marks? I am at work now and am not looking at the sled right now. If they are an obvious mark than just say so and I am sure I will find them when I do the adjustment.

I have experience in adjusting throttle cables on cars with carbs so I am assuming it will be similar.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
alignment marks are clearly visible notches on the oil pump. ones on the arm the other is on the body. the first mark youll notice should line up before you begin to open throttle and the second one should line up at WOT. some peole adjust them with slight variations from that point.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
^^^^^^^^

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WTF!!!! I did all the ajustments and there is still slack in the cable and it won't push the switch all the way in to start the sled!!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know what I did but it fixed its self. One minute it is pissing me off and then the next it is the way I need it!

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
BigWedgie has us covered for good info, I see.
Good man.

Snake, I see you got it.
Make sure everything is tightened down to not vibrate out of adjustment and enjoy the riding.

Joe, Looks like you're covered.
I still think you have shoes though, lol.

Any other questions guys, just hollar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts