Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help guys! The throttle cable on my blizzard isnt long enough to reach the bar. I'm looking to get a throttle cable extension but the powermadd extension doesn't accept the type of end on my throttle cable.

This is the end on my cable
201042720120846_20734.jpg

I have another throttle cable off my other blizzard motor that will work in the extension but the cable doesn't attach to the slides the same way

This is the other cable
2010427201356596_20734.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas on how to adapt my cable to work in an extension?

Heres a pic of the sled as it sits, if i get the cable figured out it will be rideable but i still have to wire it all and do a bunch of little things.

2010427202715143_20734.jpg

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Student Driver said:
I think I might have something here that would work.
What carbs and oiler are on that motor.
no oiler cable, sled is premixed, im not sure what carbs are on it, ill go look.

The carbs are mikuni but i don't know what size they are. Its a 9500 motor with twin pipes if that helps at all. I would buy a whole new cable if i could find one long enough, i would like to put a bit of a riser on this at some point.
2010427205210878_20734.jpg

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Student Driver said:
A 1 into 2 round slide Mikunis is actually a pretty easy set up.
I'll look tonight when I get back from work to make sure, but I'm pretty sure that I have the right parts to put one together for you.
alright, that would be great. Would it be an extension or a new cable?

It doesn't matter which end it has because i have a newer throttle block that will work with the second picture type or i can use the old block for a cable that is the first picture type.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Student Driver said:
A new longer cable than stock actually.
Better quality than OEM too.
It costs 15 bucks to ship to Canada,
So how does $40 shipped to your door sound?
sounds perfect. just the extension was $50 from the bike/sled shop here so that works perfect.

can you take a money order?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts