Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
replaced throttle block after a rollover. new block appears somewhat thicker than origial at the place the cable slides thru, idle was at 4000 rpm's with new block. I adjusted the lock nuts and throttle cable at the bracket on the carbs, and then adjusted the idle screw at the same bracket to obtain a sat idle. My question is, did my remedy affect the oil flow for the direct oil injection?????? Please forgive my ignorance. My last sled was a 1973 Chapperal 340 Firebird, which I had prior to enlisting in the Nay in 1979, back then we premixed the oil into the gas tank. I have since retired from the Navy after 21 years and I bought a 2001 Polaris 600 XCSP for my 40th birthday and just love it. Any advice or hints would be greatly appreciated.
Fair Winds and Following Seas,
John

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'm not totally familer with the oil injection set up with the XC sleds, but I have to believe that you can still adjust the oil pump right at the pump itself where the cable hooks up to it, regardless of what happens with your throttles. On my 97 XLT SP there is a mark on the oil pump arm (that moves when you squeeze the throttle) that lines up with a mark on the oil pump body when the sled is at idle. Then when you open the trottle all the way, the mark on the arm should then line up with the other mark on the oil pump body. You have to remove the airbox and at least one of the carbs in order to see and have access to it.

I hope this makes sense and helps you out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts