Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my throttle/oil cable and am wandering if anyone has had good luck with the Dennis Kirk or other aftermarket brand cables. I am all about the right parts from Polaris but $90 for the Poo one or $26 for the Kirk one.......hmmmmm!??? I have a 2" riser so I don't need fancy extended stuff, just stock replacement. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Go used.
I can't believe people actually buy new for non-motor parts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I'd go with the kirk.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Buy used if you can get it. I could not find used when I looked for my Ultra but also forgot to ask guys here if they had any. I bought from DK. My cable was a little longer than OE.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't really want a used one...I have that. My cable isn't broken at all. It is a little funky at the oil pump arm and is most likely from the twin pipes - pretty close right there. I think I may try the Kirk cable and see how it is and make a little heat shield for down there. Thanks.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've used the aftermarket ones on triples before with no problems, just like stock. My buddy tried an aftermarket one on his 800 twin edge and it was real stiff and hard to pull the rack carbs which definitely wasn't right. For the price i think i'd try the aftermarket one myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts