Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know how to check a TPS on the newer snowmobiles. I know its done with a digital multi-meter but thats all. I have a 2000 XCR 800 and would really appreciate any info you might have. Method, readings ect. I have noticed that several of you guys are "in" with dealers. Maybe they would tell you how. Thanks in advance........ Hotrod

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
The service manual will tell you the voltage that the TPS should be adjusted to. Polaris sells a service tool that uses a 9 volt battery to check the TPS. The voltage output is the way the cdi knows what the throttle posistion is. if it is not correct the CDI will think not give the right timing curve that matches the throttle posistion.
I would check the service manual some engines are set differently than others, The 800 triple is set differently than the 800 twin.
I hope this helps.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies. I will be making a tester up this weekend. Does any one know the voltage at WOT for the XCR800. That was an excellent site you sent me to ZR5. It was mostly for XCs though. Do you know of one like it for XCRs.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Testers made and ready to test. I dont want to afford a service manual right now. Anyone got one or knows someone with one? I would really appreciate the info on what voltage and what throttle position to test at.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I couldnt figure out how to get in there and post. (forgive me I am not into computers and spend very little time on trying to learn.) If someone has time will they please tell me what to do to post. Thankyou.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts