Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tried the polaris today and I have to give it half throttle just to get the clutch to engage, I don't know what's wrong and I can only go about 20-25mph full throttle...it idles I push the throttle it revs up but it takes about half just for the clutch to engage to start going...Anyone have any ideas whats wrong?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
what are the rpms? if the rpms seem correct then I would say it is engine, if it reving to engage and doesnt shift out then i will say it is clutching.

·
Registered
975 Posts
How's the belt?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rpm tach isn't working right now...it has to rev pretty damn high to engage..I don't know what's going. The belt is good.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also the clutch SNAPS in, it doesn't ease in it goes right in and it's from a far distance out and it snaps in pretty hard.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Sounds like you need to have some primary clutch work done..........needs to be rebuilt. Something is sticking and its taking excessive rpms before it engages. Should engage some where around 4000 or so.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Sounds like it Tfin70. I had that problem on my older Polaris'and I took some acetone(or thinners) and cleaned the shims and slides and everything I could reach. It made a difference. Worth a shot. Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts