Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 96 Polaris XCR 600. When the throttle position/kill switches are plugged in, the sled won't idle without holding the throttle. If you unplug them it will idle fine. Can Anyone Tell Me Why?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
there is a single black wire coming from the wiring harness near the stator, it has a round clear/white plug at the end. Is it plugged into its respective mate?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Is the throttle cable loose? There's 2 switches in the throttle block and one needs to be pressed at all times to run the engine. If the cable is loose, it will not press the idle switch at idle, but will press the throttle switch then you move the flipper.

If the throttle cable is not loose, the idle switch may be going bad.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Is the throttle cable loose? There's 2 switches in the throttle block and one needs to be pressed at all times to run the engine. If the cable is loose, it will not press the idle switch at idle, but will press the throttle switch then you move the flipper.

If the throttle cable is not loose, the idle switch may be going bad.
X2 [thumb]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know about the black wire with the round plug yet, but i will check it out. I do know the throttle switches and kill switch are brand new because i replaced them all of them last year. I think the throttle cable is tight, but i will check it again to make sure. Thanks to all you guys for the help and suggestions[thumb]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts