Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was messing with the sled tonite and noticed that my handgaurd mount keeps my throttle lever from going any over half way. I guess my question is would a product like the powermadd aluminum throttle block or something like it remedy the situation?

I also thought about notching my throttle lever but I think that would look like a cobbled mess and would be a last resort.

Has anyone ran into this problem and found an effective way to fix it.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Are you using billet mounts? I found on my sled that you have to use powermadd specific mounts to allow the throttle and brakes to properly work.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope I have the standard mounts.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Dekk70 said:
nope I have the standard mounts.
order the SNOWMOBILE mount from powermadd for your powermadd hand guards and you will have no more problems

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im pretty sure thats what I have. I bought them from a guy on here who im pretty sure had them on his sled.

Ya after looking at powermadds site I do have the snowmobile mounts.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
You must have it mounted wrong? relocate the guard to the other side of the throttle block, problem solved.

·
Registered
632 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^yep!!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There mounted just right of the block just like the instructions on the site state. They arent long enough to move to the left of the block and then they would be tipped anyway so thats a no go unless I bought atv mounts or something.

Its sounding like ill either have to ditch them which I really dont want to do for the sake of warmth or cut my throttle lever a little bit?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well after lookin at the pics I took I figured out the problem. The throttle block was just rocked forward to far.

Thanks everyone for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts