Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides putting the edge skid in with fox clicker shocks...

my 98 XC700 with 220 jugs needed a little more pep in it to keep up with my buddies Apex.

Im in the process of doing a clutch set up on it, 62 weights EPI red in primaries, 50/36 helix with EPI orange
Changed needles in the carbs (much easier working on these than the Miks in my opinion)
SLP single can
SLP Power packs in the carbs

How does the set up sound? Im pushing 300lbs and this poor ol thing needs all the help it can get.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Sounds like your on the way to victory...how did the edge skid work out? Did you buy new clicker shocks or were they on the skid? If so how much were they? You could take a little off the heads and gain also...just a little though.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It had the clicker shocks in it when I bought it. I had them rebuilt. The skid came outta 2002 XC800.

I dont have the skid completely in. Its pretty close but Im having new brackets bent up for the front. Its a pretty easy swap so far, I would say if you had everything up front, and knew where to begin it would maybe be a 2-3 hour deal total. I think it takes longer to drill out the old rivets than anything else.

Im not going to touch the heads yet. I had an opportunity for an SLP head, but the motor has some miles on it. I think if everything works out, I will tear it apart this summer and upgrade the internals for a bit more oomph.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Now all you need is Hot seat head, and trail port polish and the Apex will be scared !

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I really would like to add some go fast parts to it over the summer. But the motor has 5500 miles on it now. So when I do the head I will redo the lower end and get everything back up to date, and within spec. Head and reeds definatly on the summer list.

·
Registered
777 Posts
as nice as the edge skid skid is [i did the same thing] you just lost the advantage of going faster, the the indy,gen chassis/skid is a far faster then the edge

·
Registered
855 Posts
Originally posted by Garceau
Yeah I really would like to add some go fast parts to it over the summer. But the motor has 5500 miles on it now. So when I do the head I will redo the lower end and get everything back up to date, and within spec. Head and reeds definatly on the summer list.
Oh yeah! My summer list is starting to get long, Half tempted to start now but when I do that it will snow and I would have a major broken part...... that how it would go!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts