Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
kinda in the wrong area of the forum, but ya gonna have to drop the skid, change the mounting points

·
Registered
129 Posts
No,they are no good because,they don't exist. 1993 is the first year of the thundercat and it was a 900. From 98 to 02 they were 1000's.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry a 93 then. the guy told me it was a 92. also it had a 800 tripple in it so 900 or 800 i dont realy know, but it looked good and the gut wanted $800 for it

·
Registered
48 Posts
Its a cat! 900 motor a good workhorse, used the same motor all the way to 97 like Thundercat said..biggest differences are in the suspension and chassis upgrades through the years...doesn't have the travel or ride of the ETTs, but I've got a couple friends who are still riding theirs....

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've got three 93's. I love them and that would be a great deal where I live. Just remember to get it running realy good you can probably double or triple that price real easy. To make it trail friendly you should put on a tsl ett skid from a newer sled. It costs about 2-3 hundred bucks but its worth every penny. Also You may have to check water pump seals to make sure they aren't leaking, if they are you have to rebuild water pump to avoid disaster. Also if you buy a older sled like that it's best just to do a complete engine rebuild as soon as possible because if she blows it gets a lot more expensive to repair. Piston skirts on them are known to crack. Balancer shaft bearings are known to fail on them and they are very hard on stators.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts