Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i just got a replacement rear bumper on ebay, good deal too. it's a carbon fiber look bumper that goes for $99 at purepolaris.com i paid $36 shipped brand new http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270084551382&rd=1&rd=1

the next thing is the tunnel. the piece that is bent up on mine is a seperate piece from the rest of the tunnel, you other guys with an edge sled might now know what i mean. it's riveted on there. i thought maybe i could just buy that piece and rivet it in but partsland.com doesn't show it as it's own piece.

if you look at this pic maybe it will explain what i'm talking about

[galleryattach=15301]

anyone know where i can purchase one new? or even get one undamaged from someone parting out an edge sled? any help would be greatly appreciated. if i can i'd like to replace it this week, otherwise i'll just try to bend it back to useable for my trip.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Personly if it was me i would spend the time to bend it back, if you lived closer i have a old tunnel in the back that the peice you need on it is good, i would basicly give to you i you lived closer.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn, i'd buy it off you anyway but i don't know if you could get it from canada to me by the end of the week. i'd gladly give you money for it. i'm really surprised that it doesn't have it's own part number.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Yeah there isnt much of a chance youd get it by the end of the week. You could try to straighten it some what, drive it for a while till you find one around you. If i were you i would check local sled guys for crushed tunnels see if they got any laying around they would probly let ya have that peice off the back for near nothing. When i got my prox and i needed a tunnel, i got one for 200 from a sled wrecker.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don't know of any salvage yards around here. perhaps i'll check with the two polaris dealers in my area.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Check als anowmobiles they have every thing you could need new and used.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I went through this same deal on my brothers 01 edge. Part is not available from polaris, for what reason I don't know. I can give ya a number from a guy in sayner Wi, Tht has alot of edge parts, tunnels including.

all season services

715-542-4130
715-614-4130

Give him a call, I know he has it.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
A good hammer and some well placed blocks of wood or metal can usually straighten that.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]I went through this same deal on my brothers 01 edge. Part is not available from polaris, for what reason I don't know. I can give ya a number from a guy in sayner Wi, Tht has alot of edge parts, tunnels including.

all season services

715-542-4130
715-614-4130

Give him a call, I know he has it.
i gave them a call a few minutes ago. he said he just sold the only one he had, for $115! which is steeper than i thought it would be. he said he knows he can get another one tomorrow and is going to get back to me on the price.

i told him i was refered, he asked who by i said " i don't know, his name is Eric i think" lol

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
i say you just bend it back with a good hammer and/or mallet and a block of wood. but i could make one if i needed it but, i unno. i say the best thing to do would be bend it back then look later for the pieces at the nearby dealers and what not.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, i can bend it back. and that would be fine for my trip next week. but like i said, i'm planning on selling this sled in the fall, at least as a roller. so i dont' want F'd up aluminum ya know what i mean? and i'd kinda rather just put a new straight piece in now and be done with it instead of doing all the banging now and then replace it later anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts