Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do these reeds mean the middle cylinder was running rich? Im giving the sled its first engine rebuild at almost 6k, and it ran great last year with the exception of some water pump issues. Judging by the piston wash they all look a little rich to me. Im guessing these definately need to be replaced?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
What does the "front" side of the reeds look like? Warped?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
OK straight and flat is good, no cracks anywhere? I would agree with you the middle or #2 piston was running rich.Have you ever adjusted with your oil pump? Maybe turning it down a little would help. I know with my sled it was so pig rich from the factory that I could only go one tank of gas and I would be out of oil...half of the oil would be in the air box. You should get two tanks of gas to 1qrt of oil or your "add" line on the oil container.
Is the reeds from the 2nd cylinder burned? Or just darker from the oil mixer? Are these stock reeds? 6k miles on stock reeds is pretty good...might be time to replace them. I personally used or got a two stage Boysen reeds...didnt see the need to spend hundred of dollars for V3 reeds.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KRSS144 said:
OK straight and flat is good, no cracks anywhere? I would agree with you the middle or #2 piston was running rich.Have you ever adjusted with your oil pump? Maybe turning it down a little would help. I know with my sled it was so pig rich from the factory that I could only go one tank of gas and I would be out of oil...half of the oil would be in the air box. You should get two tanks of gas to 1qrt of oil or your "add" line on the oil container.
Is the reeds from the 2nd cylinder burned? Or just darker from the oil mixer? Are these stock reeds? 6k miles on stock reeds is pretty good...might be time to replace them. I personally used or got a two stage Boysen reeds...didnt see the need to spend hundred of dollars for V3 reeds.
Yeah Thats what I was thinking, I wish I wouldve noticed how rich it was running a year ago, but I ended up selling the sled this week after I picked up another F7 at haydays. Thanks for the input tho

1 - 5 of 5 Posts