Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im starting to think winter again. I have a few questions. Ive had my Sabercat 700 for a good 6 years now and its time to replace a few more things. First off I need a new pipe and would like a better sound with a new can. Is there a pipe out there that would give me a good tune with the stock exhaust can? If not I can get a good stock pipe at a decent price. If I went that route which can is best?

Second. My sled has a good 2700 miles or so. If always ridden in good conditions so my track still has good life left. I was thinking of putting a few studs down the center to make up for what Ive lost and add a little. Whats your opinion on that? Best pattern? Best studs and where to get them?

Third, im replacing the front suspension. What route should I take there? Right now Its got Ryde FX but considering it is a Sabercat they are a little soft. Id like something stiffer than can take just a little more beating.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Revalve the shocks a bit stiffer and add stronger springs. V-pattern on the studding works good. Try speedwerx or SLP for the pipe/can, y-pipe.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
They are throw away ryde fx's, my buddy put a set of acts on the front and he loves them. I'm not a fan of studs I would just look into a new track if you can.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Put some Firecat shock's in it.
they're rebuildable, and already valved more agressively than your stocker's.
The suspension was the only real difference between the SabreCat, and the FireCat.

Rick

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
96 studs work well! My sled's have had them, and it works well, unless you do some lake racing...

You might want to think about replacing the drive shaft bearings, they will be going soon I bet.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
If you're running the stock can, odds are it's going to sound stock no matter what pipe you run, stock or aftermarket.

I'm running a BMP pipe mod (same as stealth pipe) and y-pipe on my 700. There was a significant improvement throughout the bottom and mid-range. I picked them both up used for a good price this winter. As far as a silencer goes, I liked the sound of the SLP and BMP I had...they had a distinct sound that was not overwhelming. Alot of people recommend MBRP and Rumble Packs, but they are obnoxiously loud, IMO.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Im saying either D&D or Speedwerx for a kitty kat.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
If you ride hard packed trails then I would reccomend 144 studs. My '99 has 96 down the middle and it still didn't hook up the way I wanted it to. Just my opinion though. Couldn't tell you about the other stuff. No experience there.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Who... ever stopped!?![;)]

Studs, I would give Woody's a call. Just tell them what you got, where and how you ride and they will give you the best stud plan.

http://www.wiem.com/home.aspx

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool, cool. Thanks for the replies guys. Anyone know a good website where I can get a used can/pipe?

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I've got 96 stud boys, double backer plates,and power tower muts... All new in the package. I'll be @ haydays. Pm me if yer interested. 1.375" btw

Adam

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
arcticcatinc said:
cool, cool. Thanks for the replies guys. Anyone know a good website where I can get a used can/pipe?
I usually browse HCS and ArcticChat for my used Cat parts...occasionally something good pops up on ebay. It may take a bit of hunting, being summer and all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts