Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this at slednecks, but I just wanted to spread the joy to you guys.
Since I ride bmx, and if I want my bars higher, I just loosen the stem bolts, push the bars up, its the same concept with a sled.

I raised my bars about 3 inches this way. Go to the stem (holds the bars in) , loosen the bolts, and push the bars up, not only does it push them up, it pushes them more forward. My bars were practically in my lap, now they're perfect and they're forward making manuverability much better. I had 2 inch bar risers on my other sled, then I did this and it raised em about an 1 1/2 - 2 inches. Try it out its pretty cool, and easy to do.

·
Registered
671 Posts
yup it is easy, but you aslo get a wierd angle when u push em up. i had mine like that last eyar, and my wrists sat funny. so i threw on mx bars, and their striaght across, so its more compfortable, but it is a good i dea

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Older Polaris sleds have a funny angled handlebar setup, and when rotated much foward, become very awkward to use. You can fit a 2" riser block under them and the throttle and brake lines just clear.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i used to race bmx. rode a Elf Double cross. none of my sleds have headsets like a bike. Im just curios what you ride for a bike? right now i have a TNT King of dirt that i ride very seldomly and also a haro group 1b that i havent had together in years. also have a eastern hercules frame sitting here.

·
Registered
117 Posts
What brand and model of sled do you have?
Will this work on all 4/5 brands of sleds?
Sounds like a cheap fix.[:D]
Jeff

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, I've done it on a 2000 800 rmk snow check, 1998 700 rmk, and a 1996 500 sks, all polaris, so I don't know about other brands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts