Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Tips on straightening rear trailing arm mount?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dodgetruck2 
#1 ·
The rear trailing arm on my 99 rmk is shoved back about 1 1/2 inches, the remains of the trailing arm was there yet i shoved a pipe over it and tried pull it back, and it broke the bolt (weird) so any tips on getting the rest of the bolt out would help to working on a notch with chisel right now. the whole piece the shaft is welded to is cracked and pulled back, also popped out a couple rivets, so what is the best way to get it back, should i weld the cracks once i get it back to, i'll post a pic when i get one

#2 ·
You can buy a whole foot rest assembly for less than a hundred dollars. It does take a good amount of work to swap one however. Use an easy out to get the remains of the bolt out. I just did the exact same thing you are trying on a 96 ultra. Just drill a large enough hole, dead center on the snapped bolt, large enough to accept the easy out. I had to use some heat on the post but the bolt end spun right out, rust and all.

I would replace the entire foot rest if I were you.

#3 ·
well ended up getting it out with an easy out idk why it snapped came right out with no heat, little he was used in the straightening and a very large hammer just need to reweld part of the support and we'll be ready to roll

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.