Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm looking for some tires, looking at Cekep FC-II Radials or something similar, I've had BFG A/T's on my 1500 as well as Nitto Terra Grapplers but I want to try something different. Any ideas? Noise on the highway isn't a big deal, but lasting some miles would be nice. They are either going to be 265/75R16 or 285/75R16.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I have Dueler AT REVO's on my pickup and have had great luck with them the last couple of sets. It seems to me that people either love them or hate them, I'm a guy that loves them. I put 50,000 on my last set before I caught a nail in the side wall and just put a new set on. The old set had about 10K miles left on them and I sold them to a fire, punctured tire included and he said he'd patch it and run it on his farm vehicle.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I am running General grabber AT2's on my F-250. I like them and they seem to last. I have only had them for a year but so far they are doing good on a 6800lb truck.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Not long ago, I was in the same predicament as you, trying to find something 'different' to run. I ended up with a set of Cooper Zeon LTZ's. They primarily come in a 20" diameter, but do make them in a 265/75/16, which is what I have. I personally think they are almost a slightly more aggressive version of the Toyo Open Country AT, or Nitto Terra's. So far I like them. Not a bit noticable on the highway, good grip on anything wet, and seem to do well on gravel. I have not had them in any mud or snow yet. I also like to note that the 16" version has a deeper lug than the 20's. I was not aware of this until I received mine.

You can't go wrong with the BFG A/T's, IMO. I've ran a couple sets on my Ford and never had any bad comments. I realize you already made your comments on them though.

I know a guy who ran the Bridgestone Revo's on his Duramax for a number of years. He drives equal amounts of highway and rural roads. He liked them enough that he was willing to pay the high price for them. He ran about 40,000 on a set if I remember right. Some of the rural roads in the area tear them up quickly though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My dad just put goodyear wrangler duratrac on his dmax. We are very impressed. Good grip, not too loud, and they look sweet I would run a 265 unless you are planning to level the truck. He is running 285s and we had to do some trimming.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I ran Toyo Open Country tires for a while. 265/70/17 is what I had. They're decently aggressive for an A/T tire, but last for a while, dont may way to much noise, and ride pretty nice to.

Open Country is on the left.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I run BFG mt km2's on my pickup and they are the BEST tires I have ever had. Ive got 20k on them and dont show any wear, at all! And my pickup is a 3/4 ton chevy. We have alot of clay and mud around here, and they hold SO GOOD like its on tracks. They hum a little on the highway, but nothing like the swampers I had before

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
freind of mine has 265 cooper stt"s on his 2500hd and loves them. he's had them a couple years and still look new.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mlmm said:
My dad just put goodyear wrangler duratrac on his dmax. We are very impressed. Good grip, not too loud, and they look sweet I would run a 265 unless you are planning to level the truck. He is running 285s and we had to do some trimming.
I am planning on leveling it, we have duratrac's at work and the MTR's on some trucks and they seem to get chewed to nothing pretty fast by the dirt roads. 10ply's on 1/2 ton chevy's. I am thinking about them to.

sledcrusher said:
I ran Toyo Open Country tires for a while. 265/70/17 is what I had. They're decently aggressive for an A/T tire, but last for a while, dont may way to much noise, and ride pretty nice to.

My dad had them on his old truck for a very limited time, he hated them in the bush, from what he said they didn't clean out with a crap. Other than that they we're awesome, snow, ice, roads. If it wasn't for the clean out issue I would probably have a set.

dirtydan said:
I run BFG mt km2's on my pickup and they are the BEST tires I have ever had. Ive got 20k on them and dont show any wear, at all! And my pickup is a 3/4 ton chevy. We have alot of clay and mud around here, and they hold SO GOOD like its on tracks. They hum a little on the highway, but nothing like the swampers I had before
They seem to be lasting good? I'm going to have to check if I can get them in my size load range E. I had been hearing they wear out fast on roads.

crazyzrt600 said:
freind of mine has 265 cooper stt"s on his 2500hd and loves them. he's had them a couple years and still look new.
They seem pretty good, pretty much what I'm looking for, but I haven't found a whole lot of mileage reviews.

Noise and ride isn't an issue. It's a truck that gets used like a truck. I really want a set of M/T's but none seem to be able to handle the roads to great. My issue is I work 3 1/2 hours from home. I go there 4 days on 4 days off, when I'm there I stay in a place there. Work is about 30min down a dirt road from there (a mine in the middle of nowhere lol.) That road seems to blow out tires like no tomorrow, we seem to get at least 1 flat a day on somebody's vehicle.

Thats why I'm looking for something agressive..to handle the dirt and mud, but they need to last decent on the highway to.

I'm looking at these in 265's to. Anybody have any experience on them?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dick+Cepek&tireModel=Radial+F-C+II&sidewall=Outlined%20White%20Letters&partnum=675NR6FC2OWL&tab=Sizes

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
sledcrusher said:

do you know what tire is on the right?

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
ZRT600 said:
I'm looking at these in 265's to. Anybody have any experience on them?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dick+Cepek&tireModel=Radial+F-C+II&sidewall=Outlined%20White%20Letters&partnum=675NR6FC2OWL&tab=Sizes
Good friend of mine had them on a 02 Duramax years back. He did not care for them. Pretty well mannered on the highway, but did not clean out well in any sort of mud. Most any AT will have that problem though.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
firecatF5 said:
know what tire is on the right?
Looks like the older BFG Rugged Trail TA's.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+AT+2&partnum=675QR6GRAT2OWL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I just had a similar situation to the original poster, also. I wanted to put 285/75R16s on my 2004 Chev 2500HD. But, I would have had to buy new wheels, as 285s are too wide for the stock wheels. I decided to stick with 265s and went less aggressive than you all are talking. I went with the Firestone Transforce AT tires. I like the solid outer rib on them. Quiet on the highway and last longer, too. I had Dueler AT REVOs before and disliked them severely. They wore poorly, were noisy, and didn't last long. However, they did have good traction in the snow.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
fusionshuk06 said:
^^^ I have 285/75R16s on my 04 Chevy 2500hd stock rims it works fine

How much did it effect your fuel mileage?

I think I've pretty well decided on just going with the BFG's, try 1 more set and see how they do.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
A buddy at work had 285 bfg's on his 06' 2500 hd. Has a little tire rub on the arms at full lock. Nothing major. Just went with cooper stt's. He's a farmer and doesn't want to get stuck in the fields.
He gets 10-12 mpg at best.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Ya run bfg, they run great on or off road, I LOVE my KM2's

1 - 20 of 21 Posts