Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the deal with these things? Kinda like a 1/2 round slide, 1/2 flat slide carb. What are the benefits of this type of carb? Any gains to be had if installing them over regular round slides? Do they use traditional type jets?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I'm not sure how long they were used for. They are on my bro in laws 2000 XC 440 and he is having fits with it. The sled sucks fuel..runs so rich he dosnt even have to coke it to start it...it loads up. Not sure if something is wore or not. Trying to figrue out how to adjust the floats but nobody has any idea. Not trying to hijack this either lol. They do use same jets tho.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I thought about switching to TMXs on the XCR. One source claimed that they tend to run lean in the mid range. I have a set of UFOs I'm going to try once I get this one dialed in. Supposed to be comparable to the TMXs.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
The TMX34's are found on the Sno-X 440's. They are used because they have excellent throttle response. They use standard mikuni main jets.

You tune them just like any other carb, they have worked pretty darn well for me.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder why these are used over flatslides though? Do they respond even better than the TM's? I always liked the TM's because you never have to dick around with syncro'ing the slides. What would the throttle pull be like, I would assume they are about as heavy as the VM's? tnmemr who told you they would run lean mid range? You would think they would run on how you set them up correct? I see sets of these on ebay all the time for good prices, just wondering if they are worth swapping over to? Ripperd what are you running them on? Your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
That is what I thought when I was told that they tend to run lean in the mid range. Should be able to tune the lean spot out, right?
This person was in favor of UFOs over switching to either TMs or TMXs. I'd like the instant throttle response of TMXs. I'm curious how the setup would differ when both sets of carbs are correctly dialed in on the same XCR 440.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Rippered...do these carbs tend to wear out any parts quick..like the needles and seats? Or whould this maybe be a problem when they first were introduced?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts