Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read this post on the corvette forums:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=266208

FYI this post has been viewed by over 85,000 people.

Keep in mind the car that this post is about has less than 5 thousand dollars of modifications. Food for thought.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
good for that guy. he really isn't rice though, and that's what most of us hate. anyway, i'll never have a fwd as my 'hot' car. his civic really wasn't too bad looking wither, but i couldn't see if it had a park bench on the back either...

'99 XC SP 500
Fox shocks stickers- 15 hp
handlebar hooks/riser- 10 hp
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp
running board/edge grips- 20 hp

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by xc racer:
but i couldn't see if it had a park bench on the back either...

[/quote]

LOL never heard it called that before!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
omg pro ricer idea a park bench. Nice cement one! anyway I have no problems with tasteful imports they can turn impressive speeds and times both myself and xc racer have said that time and time again but we both would prefer a corvette(in XC's case a Mustang) over an import. I know myself I don't care if it is a 700hp import I would still prefer the Z06

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
OMG. That took forever to read! Lots of opinions on there. I'd take either one those cars. They are both fun to drive in their own unique way. I like Vettes as well as Honda's.
I had an old Civic once.............that is until i jumped a driveway approach with it in the ditch and the wheel base shortened about 6 inches. Oh yes, it still ran...........for about 30 min with the oil leaking dry............the engine finally died due to a melting timing belt cover which caused the belt to de-rail, and it was all over then... hehe.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
intended, you are dangling candy in front of my face!!! too bad he smoked the tires. that blew it all right there. on page 8 it says the civic has got 17,000 worth of up grades. lol. what a joke. some people could even make a cambles soup can go fast. hehheeheh. later....

1992 arctic cat jag deluxe
1996 ZRT 600

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
yeah he is a race sponsored racer who works his engines like mad. you miss that part where he raced a stock C5? I love Vettes but come on someone who throws that much at a car unless they know jack is gonna whoop up. Like the Corvette guy said he thinks the guy not only let him win the 3rd race but wasn't even WOT most of the time.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
i love vettes too. my family has 6 a , 71',61',80',77,69, and a silver anaversary. And that is only my direct family!! my inlaws have some more also.hehehe.... soon i will have one, but i think it is gonna be a big block. preferably a 69 or so.

1996 ZRT 600

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by matthewmarsh:
intended, you are dangling candy in front of my face!!! too bad he smoked the tires. that blew it all right there. on page 8 it says the civic has got 17,000 worth of up grades. lol. what a joke. some people could even make a cambles soup can go fast. hehheeheh. later....

1996 ZRT 600
[/quote]

This information was not disclosed at the time of posting. My point is that for far less than that he still could have beat up on that Vette, no problem.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
and for far less than the import i could make an older 5-liter smoke it. arguments based on how much invested in a car are rather dumb imho. a crotch rocket for 6000 could take all of em. it depends on what each person wants and what turns their cranks.

'99 XC SP 500
Fox shocks stickers- 15 hp
handlebar hooks/riser- 10 hp
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp
running board/edge grips- 20 hp

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
i agree with that other post!! you can get alot of things cheap and go fast with it. i think that this was a adrenaline happy guy behind the wheel of the vette. if he didn't spin the tires, i might have been a different story, turbo civic admitted that.
Intended- michelldavidision also rips on your car in a post on this page http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=266653&page=3
go get him!! lol

and here is the link showing that turbocivics had to put $17,000 in mods to his car, it is his own post....
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=149126#post149126

and the msrp is like $15,000 for that car here ---> http://www.ehonda.com/framesN.asp

so the total should be like $32,000 not $14,000. Should have bought the vette.
i could only imagine what the vette would do if it had $17,000 in upgrades.
this whole race is stupid because he smoked the tires. there was only one race where he didn't and he killed him. just my 2 cents... later

1996 ZRT 600

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All good points.....

Oh and compared to a C5 my car is slow, but I would love to see one touch me in a autocross course!!!

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
i am not too sure on that one because i have no idea how your car handles..
no comment

1996 ZRT 600

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Kherner someone did propose those racers come race him on his course he then added a pciture of his cheap doing some rock crawling. I would still take the Vette over the Civic anyday. I agree they are fast and can be really nice but I still don't want one. And yeah if the C5 driver had spent that much on work he would have whoop a Viper and the drivers need to be compared since the one is a sponsored racer and the other is a sunday drive.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
in 5 years the vette will be worth 35,000 and the civic will be worth maybe 10,000, if its a 2002. lol....

1996 ZRT 600

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by matthewmarsh:
in 5 years the vette will be worth 35,000
[/quote]

HA!! You think that the Vette's resale value sticks like that!! Got news for you, that Vette is already worth much less than $35,000, let alone what it will be worth in 5 years!!! FYI a five year old vette right now with 50,000 thousand miles (low) in excellent condition is only worth $24,450 from a Private Party!! Far less on on trade! The resale of any domestic vehicle (except limited production cars) drops faster than anything else out there.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
ok ok ok, whats that civic worth with 50000 miles then. in the end, a vette is a vette is a vette

1996 ZRT 600

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
not that any of this matters but to prove a point and have alittle fun
the corvette-
http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ur?kbb;285744&;p&723;Chevrolet;1999%20Corvette&4;CH;I1
almost 30k

the civic- assuming its a 2001
http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ur?kbb;496106&;p&722;Honda;2001%20Civic&2;HO;CX&
almost 10k (and this is assuming its a 2001)
take the 17k into it and u got 27k,

what do you think is going to be easier too sell, the vette or the HoNda?

1996 ZRT 600

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
True, but he never said that all 17k worth of mods were put into performance parts. I have seen stereo's in cars that cost well over 10k, who's to say he doesn't have something like that. Until you know then you really don't know.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts