Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got new carb boots for my 800 today. i'm thinking if i should put the boost bottle on. i'm wondering what you would do? any opinions?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Or you could cut up your new carb boots and not like it.....or notice the difference to make it worth while.
D

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Leave them off. No difference at all on the dyno or track.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
lower end balencing,, only place ive noticed the differance.. id say put it on...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
put it on... throttle response is way better. no power gains but like i said throttle is way better.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol i'm tallying the votes =P the majority has it, so far 4 to 2 said yes...i'm still debating. i have yet to order new pistons and some water pump stuff for the engine. saving it up for the spring time. mainly for subsistance hunting purposes. maybe next year i'll extend the track. still debating on that. either that i might just get a new snow machine.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I would run it to see how it reacts, if you don't need the bottle, don't use it, some sleds run better without them. If the one you have has the end caps on it, I would look for a different one anyway. I have one that says Equalizer on it, it has end caps on the bottle itself, they have blown off a couple of times, I Jb welded it so they are on pretty good now, but I have replaced it with a plastic SLP bottle.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Install the boost bottle, clears up the "burp" on the bottom end, especially if you run stock jetting which is way fat from the factory

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Leave it off and jet properly.
Boost bottles basically serve to lighten people's wallets.
No power gains to be had there.
Proper tuning will make it just as responsive with out, but also you won't have to worry about sucking in air where you cut your carb boots.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
if you have it put it on, it will balance the two banks and make them more efficent, they arnt designed for hp gains bt to balance the fuel vapor pressure.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
sorry!! ^^ +2 hit the - on accident..

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'm still waiting on new pistons for my 8. didn't put in the boost bottle yet. also, gotta order water pump parts for the machine. it seized once because of the water pump failure, ruined one cylinder, but got that replaced. took apart my engine a coupla weeks ago, found out that the pto piston had some minor scratches. so gonna replace them soon. i'd like to know if spi are better than oem's. do those spi pistons come with some type of coating like the oem's?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
okay i guess i'll give those a try. i've used oem's and they last about four years. they should last longer, but due to the snow and ice conditions now, seems that they go through more stress. thanks for the input guys!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts