Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1989 yamaha exciter totally stock and i am in dier need of a new track the dimensions of mine are 15*121. well i found this guy who is got a track from a mxz 440 and a yamaha v max both with studs and i was wondering would it matter if its off a different brand sled will it still fit on mine because the one off the mxz looks better over all and more studs.
the first two are of the mxz track and the second one is of the v max track
/polarisman/../images/users/exciter_man/new track.jpg

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't know if tracks are interchangeable between brands, but what if you were to measure them to see if the dimensions are the same? Also I don't know if the spacing would be the same for the drive lugs; something else to check?

·
Registered
38 Posts
you should check with a dealer, but i think it will fit, the tracks are usually the same for the type such as 121 X 15

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i checked the camoplast website and after market camoplast track numbers are the same so will this meen the stock track will fit on mine then i think it will but i am just makin sure.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'm not sure but sometimes aren't the clips different on some tracks between brands?????

·
Registered
99 Posts
They should be OK. I looked in my book and they are both type 121. 121 inches long - 2.52 pitch and 15 inches wide.

Measure between the center of the drive lugs to be sure. They should be 2.52". A type 121 has 48 drive lugs.

I put a .91 off of a 2000 XC 600 on my sons Doo 91 Plus and it works perfect. they were both type 121.

·
Registered
614 Posts
If you put a picked track on that sled you will need tunnel protectors

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
what year was the last year yamaha made exciters models? I think it was 1993 before moving to Vmax models which starts in 1994 am I correct?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
start a different topic please about that this is mine no hard feelings just start a new one if u wanna no that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts