Snowmobile Fanatics banner

TO PICK or NOT TO PICK????

692 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  ken420 
#1 ·
No I don't mean nose, butt, or anything else!!!

My track on my old 78 Kawasaki is gettin cracked kinds bad, but she holds up ok, but now that we got a few dumps of snow i realize that all the rubber cleats that are worn away are really affecting performance, I can feel the track just spinning out under me. So what i want to know is, how bad are pick's on a track, will it just destroy it first ride or what?? Any answer is probably a good one!!

OH YA AND I LOVE THIS SITE, I SPEND MORE TIME ON IT THAT WITH THE MRS.

(P.S.--THE MRS. SAYS I'M NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY IN HERE ANYMORE!!!)

#3 ·
is it just the lugs splitting or the track itself?if its the track forget it you will tear it apart with picks..if you have at least 1/2 inch of lug left you could put in klymaxx carbide lug studs...there just like zip screws except they have a carbide point on them and they screw into the lug so therefore it wont effect your track from splitting..i have 370 of them in my 03 sks and they work just as good as picks if not better

#4 ·
Well...

the track has a few cracks, but mainly it's just the rubber cleets that are missing in spots, I think it's done a few spins on the pavement, and tore them off. Do you know where i can get those screw in ones?????

#5 ·
i got mine at my local polaris dealer they cost me $45 for a box of 48 which isnt bad compared to regular picks,and plus they save 85% weight and 70% installation time..if you do end up getting them buy the driver so u can screw them in with a drill...there also in most all snowmobile accessories book like denniskirk but there more money than i got them from the dealer

#8 ·
No they are bergstrom trail grabbers. HEre is the link.
http://www.denniskirk.com/powervendor/lists/partlist.asp?serverid=nlSnow&type=09&subtype=studs&search=search&SD1=Bergstrom

thelink is quite long you might have to paste

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.