Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Total of 23 orders placed. Thank you to everyone that ordered. Apparently TekRider was not expecting this many orders so the orginal estimated ship date will be pushed back.

They will be shipping from TekRider in Canada the begining of January. Once the vests are here in the US they will be shipped to each of you.

I'll update this post with any new information as it becomes available.

Post any questions below.

UPDATE BELOW

·
Registered
661 Posts
Thanks for the update. Wish it were sooner, but can't complain with the good price. I will just be extra careful on the rides until then.
Thanks again,

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Timber500
[br]Thanks for the update. Wish it were sooner, but can't complain with the good price. I will just be extra careful on the rides until then.
Thanks again,
I also wish it were sooner. Nothing we can do at this point, just waiting on TekRider.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
I just want to congratulate everyone that took place. I know lots of 'group buy' type things often fall through, but SF has proved the statistics wrong. Just goes to show what some organization and commitment can do. And if you've never had a tek-vest, and just ordered one, the price will be well worth it!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I too would like to congratulate and thank everyone for the support behind this. I'm very impressed with the number of you that decided protecting your life is worth a small amount of money spent. Thanks to the support I'm sure that we will get this same option again in the future.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Originally posted by Darkstar
[br]I too would like to congratulate and thank everyone for the support behind this. I'm very impressed with the number of you that decided protecting your life is worth a small amount of money spent. Thanks to the support I'm sure that we will get this same option again in the future.
Well I have never ridden with one, and nobody that I ride with does either, but I have to say that Arcticatmatt's story pretty much convinced me. I always think about being safe, and I'm not a crazy rider, but it only takes one time hurting yourself or worse. so It's good insurance to me.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
wow!! 23 is nuts! My contact at tekrider told me before you guys ordered that most group buys fall thru. SF proved that wrong!

I got to get that thread up about tekvest, my accident, and pictures that I told tekrider I would post up. Every time I get my girl to take a picture of me next to the sled for them with it on, its dark! Dark at 4.45 pm.. weird weather.

Nice work guys!! Glad to see alof of you choose to be a little safer over a little cooler with a new mod.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
As long as I have mine in time for the SF group ride the last week of January, I guess I'm not going to complain too much. Not sure what the hold up could be for the shipping, they give you any idea why there will be such a wait?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by 95XCR600
[br]As long as I have mine in time for the SF group ride the last week of January, I guess I'm not going to complain too much. Not sure what the hold up could be for the shipping, they give you any idea why there will be such a wait?
Its simply a stock issue. They just didnt have enough of them in stock.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I find it kind of humorous that a big name, well known company can't come up with 23 vests to ship.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
personally I think it's probably not that uncommon. especially if you figure in the fact that the snowmobile season is here for a few of us. then factor in how many vest the company had on hand and was initially anticipating in selling (deals like this often fall through. which if I were them I would sit back and see how the chips fell so to speak before jumping to conclusion's that this sale was going to be "THE" sale. after all would you run out and order 50 vest's if you had a shadow of a doubt that you were only going to sell 5? I'd rather wait to see just how many were ordered, then do my best to fill that order as fast as I possibly could!)

On another Note! I too would like to congratulate all that took advantage of the deal! I hope that it turns out to be one of those things that is nice to have, but never have to try out it's integrity type of things.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Originally posted by ACEXLT
[br]I find it kind of humorous that a big name, well known company can't come up with 23 vests to ship.
Well they make alot more then just a freestyle tekvest. Maybe they had 12 laying there and are in production on the rest that are soon to be completed. They said beginning of jan.07 right? Thats like 2 weeks away. Its not like any of us are putting 100 miles a day on our sleds on this grass anyways haha. Well, maybe we are, IN OUR SLEEP!

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
[br]I find it kind of humorous that a big name, well known company can't come up with 23 vests to ship.

You did read about MMP and there inability to produce any rail extensions right?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by powersledder
[br]

You did read about MMP and there inability to produce any rail extensions right?
You would be surprised how many "big names" are actually only a group of 3-4 dedicated people. That is the way a lot of the seasonal sled business is.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Originally posted by arcticcatmatt
[br]
...They said beginning of jan.07 right? Thats like 2 weeks away. Its not like any of us are putting 100 miles a day on our sleds on this grass anyways haha. Well, maybe we are, IN OUR SLEEP!

Exactly, I'm kind of eager to get mine but not really a point when there isn't enough snow to really rip it up.

BTW - I know many have said this, but I haven't.

Matt, you have made many of us see that a tekvest is just as important as a helmet. Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks to all who ordered. I am glad we were able to get enough orders to qualify for the best deal. I am even happier we proved them wrong with the group deal. Thank you to Indy for his help spreading the word here on fanatics.

The bad news is that the vests will not ship until early January. The bodies of the vests are made but Tek Rider is waiting for the armour to arrive. Rita told me that the armour was delayed crossing the border from the USA to Canada. I was going to beg her to push out the orders before Christmas but they dont have them to ship.

We will get them to you as soon as we can. Please be patient.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
So this means that our credit cards won't be billed until early January?
I just want to make sure that funds are available on the card when the order gets processed (I used a check card). I'd sure hate to miss out because of insufficient funds. [xx(]

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Originally posted by 95XCR600
[br]So this means that our credit cards won't be billed until early January?
I just want to make sure that funds are available on the card when the order gets processed (I used a check card). I'd sure hate to miss out because of insufficient funds. [xx(]
I was wondering why mine hadn't been billed yet. [:p]

1 - 20 of 65 Posts