Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure had a nice amount of snow today. Had to drive 15 miles for it though.....not use to having to haul that far for snow. Its been one of those years here though.

Take a peek:

http://dopey.hopto.org/govt/index.htm

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
if i only had to haul 15 miles for that much snow.....where is that at? for that much snow i would prolly haul a minimum of 10 hours..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL.....Not whining about that really. We generally have to haul about 2 miles....spoiled I guess.

I am going to whine about smucking a deer at about 70MPH on the way home though. No damage though....to my rig at least.

NW Montana is where I'm at...and where some of the snow is.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
sweet, im goin up to the yellowstone area on feb 19, 20 ,21

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you been to Yellowstone before??

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
For that much of that kind of snow, I would haul my sled those 15 miles ON MY BACK!!!! Here in north central Iowa, we are lucky if we have seen a total of 6 inches all season. Right now, there is a couple inches here and there, but the high winds scattered it around pretty good. Out in the country, some of the ditches have a couple feet of snow in them, but nothing real great for riding in. The trails are all but bare. The local club's groomer hasn't been out at all. I know that I will be paying for it later, but I have taken my sled out a couple times just so that I have had time on it this season. All I know is that my sled and I need some quality time together :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We are terribly low on snow down here on the floor this year. We generally will have 2-3 feet on the ground....almost bare now. We have to go up in elevation about 1000' before we get about 8" or so. I bet there was about 10' at 5700' in elevation, where we were the other day.
I guess they are going to have the poker run on Saturday. Good day to park the sled, nothing but a bunch of drunks out then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts