Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is buggin the crap outta me to go ride tomorrow. He wants to drive all the way to hurley be there by 8 am, ride all day and drive the 4 hours back home.... no friggen way.

I told him I would look and try to find some snow closer. Anyone got any suggestions or trail reports?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Minoqua had there trails closed last weekend and got about four inches of fluff on Sunday night. Hurley had about eight inches over the weekend and got some nice lake effect on Sunday. The trails there were good and probally are a lot better now. Tomahawk problally hasnt opened their trails and neither has Merill. Your best bet is Hurley and the UP trails are great if you are looking for a good trip when you get there.

We took trail 11 which was a tad rough to 102 which was perfect and back on 8 around lake Goebic. If you are looking for some snow take that route. Pretty much if you go south of Hurley around Mercer and Manitowish you run out of decent snow so I would stay north.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
There is 5" of powder on the trails under that it is all ice, corners are very scary.

I was up last weekend and didn't ride.

Trails are rough....For decent snow you need to go to Iron county....They are calling for snow thursday, so maybe they will improve...

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Anything that way is going to be rough. The Eagle River derby was going on so most of the trails anywhere close to EagleRiver are normally chewed up bad.

Where heading up to Watersmeet Saturday morning at 6am. Reports say good trails and they get a few inches of snow every night.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts