Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was on my way to my girlfriends house tonight through a path ive been through many times. i was kinda in a bad mood so i was going pretty fast any not really paying attention and i looked up and there was a wooden 4x4 fence post about 2 ft tall sticking out of the snow and i diddnt have enough time to react and i hit it. luckally it wasnt in the ground too far so it came out rather than stopping the sled. but not without doing some damage first from what ive seen so far (i diddnt really look too closely at it)
it cracked my hood, broke both front hood straps, bent the crap out of my front bumper, bent the skidplate, bent/cracked the front bellypan brace, and cracked/smashed in the bellypan. it is about 3 inches from the exhaust luckally. but this is all just after putting the entire sled back together last saturday from replaceing the trailing arm mounts [V] heres a few pics for now i will get some better ones tomarrow.

2010227233626763_13662.jpg 2010227233649294_13662.jpg
201022723378231_13662.jpg 2010227233730372_13662.jpg

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Not paying attention while riding sleds is expensive, ain't it?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
My brother side swiped a 4" tree because he was not paying attention on his Rx1. Bent some stuff and ruined some plastic. It can happen.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Why were you in a bad mood? At least it isn't as bad as it could have been.

Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Not paying attention while riding sleds is expensive, ain't it?
Amen to that, trying to play catch up at night in the ditch with my ZR 580, jumped an approach and nailed a stop sign.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was in a bad mood because i diddnt even plan on riding my sled because it was snowing really hard out and it was that wet nasty snow that keeps sticking to your sheild so you ve gotta wipe it every 5 seconds and i was already soaked because i just got back from my friends house on it and like i said the snow was very wet so my jacket and gloves were soaked so i was just gonna drive my car over and she was giving me a hard time about driving it because it was snowing hard (its a camaro) so i just said whatever and rode my sled and about 200 ft from my house is where i hit it

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it could have been alot worse and im pretty sure that the skidplate is what saved my exhaust that thing is about 1/4 inch thick and it just barely bent in the corner

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
polaris91 said:
im pretty sure that the skidplate is what saved my exhaust that thing is about 1/4 inch thick and it just barely bent in the corner
You think?!?!?

The front end of edges are barely stronger than tin-foil. Without that skidplate you'd be redoing all the suspension work you just did as well. You should be offering sacrifices to the skid-plate gods, for saving the rest of the front end on that sled..

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that is very true i already found a new one i can get if i cant straighten this one

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
wow you are lucky you did not have an incident like mine where it stopped dead.

Last time I rode with you Ray I don't think you had a tekvest.. time to spend 150 bucks brotha

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm ordering one before I leave from overseas at the end of the year! Matt, maybe next year we can plan for a ride. I'll be up that way to trail ride probably a few times next winter! I'll pm you and we can plan!

·
Registered
344 Posts
why would you have a camaro for driving in the winter??

·
Registered
844 Posts
skiroulertx447 said:
why would you have a camaro for driving in the winter??
Thats why he was riding his sled.
The camaro is his back-up ride for when his sled is down.

·
Registered
344 Posts
what year camaro?

·
Registered
338 Posts
You would be surprised at what people drive in the winter up there in NY! LMAO!!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
arcticcatmatt said:
^ I have no idea who you are but I am always game for meeting new people that are not douchers! [lol8] Anytime man
I'm not a douchebag! I'm a cool azz motha!!! Hahaha.... Seriously though, maybe next season, I'll let you know where I'll be riding and maybe put on some miles, have some lunch and stop have a few beers and share a few laughs! Good times!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts